Chapter 21

"Ahoy there!"

Finally, you're in Inazuma.

It looked so pretty!

When you arrived, there was someone waiting nearby.

"So, you finally made it. You sure kept me waiting, Captain. And it appears we have several stowaways...or perhaps I should say...honored guests."

"Hey! Shush!"

"You can blame your Almighty Shogun. The tempests around Inazuma have been growing all the more fierce lately. Though the fleet was fully up to the challenge, the inclement weather still caused some delay. Now then, let me introduce everyone. This is Thoma, a trade partner that I've gotten to know recently."

"Heh, you don't know how long I've been waiting to see you."

"Thoma, these five are travelers. Bronya, Fu Hua-"

"No need for the rest, their reputation precedes them. Seems even the stormy seas can't keep rumors of these outlanders' sterling deeds at bay."

"Nice to meet you, Thoma."

"Hehe, it's sure nice to hear you say that~"

"Ha, with any luck, it'll give you a head start here. Lumine, Y/n, Thoma's resided on Ritou for quite some time now. It wouldn't be going too far to say he's the fixer around these parts. If you run into any problems here, just talk to Thoma. But if he tries to pull any moves on you, I'll be sure to deal with him personally the next time I'm around."

"Hehehe, no need to worry. I'm sure we'll get along just fine."

"Good. Then if it's all settled, I'll be going. I wouldn't want to be caught with my sails down here, I do have a wanted fugitive on board, after all."

"Oh, right. Kazuha..."

"Until next time, Travelers. Remember to give it your all, no matter what perilous "storms" you may encounter."

"We got this."

"Look forward to seeing you again!"

"Fair seas, Captain Beidou! Bye-bye!"

"Now then, first things first, we need to go get you registered at the border checkpoint."

"Um, Paimon thought we were supposed to be keeping things on the down low...are we just gonna walk into the government's hands?"

"Haha, don't underestimate the reaches of the Sakoku Decree. You wouldn't be able to avoid inspection even if you tried. So we have to play by the rules...even if we're kind of bending them."

"Oh...okay then..."

"Now I'm feeling a bit nervous."

A little later, you had to do a few jobs with Thoma. Then, you made a plan to leave Ritou. Soon after, you went to Inazuma City to a "Komore Teahouse".

"Well, now that we're here, where's Thoma?"

"*sigh* Paimon doesn't see him anywhere, do you think he forgot his promise to meet us?"

"Who forgot their promise? I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me!"

"Wh-what?! Is that dog talking to us?!"

"Hahaha, relax, no need to look so surprised. I take it this is the first time you've seen me in this form?"

"Okay, you can turn back into human..."

"Huh, so you didn't see anything like this when you were in Liyue Harbor?"

"Ah, now that you mention it, this does suddenly seem less out of the ordinary..."