Chapter 17

You decided to visit Mondstadt again, since it has been a while. But Katheryne called you because there was something going on...

"Lumine, Y/n, please, over here. It has been a while since you joined the Adventurers' Guild. Are your adventures going smoothly?"

"More companions would be nice..."

"Hmm...is that so? Apart from your own skills, reliable teammates are also indispensable when adventuring. Another person to count on is always good, after all. But recruiting such dependable companions is no easy matter, is it?"

"Yup, and it's even harder to get a guide as good as Paimon."

"Ah, yes, I do have some information that may be of help to you...let me consult our records... Ah, there it is. There's been three certain strangers who arrived in Mondstadt lately."

"Who are these three strangers? And what did they look like?"

"First there were two girls. They both had gray-ish hair, one with gray eyes and the other, blue. The last one was a blond stranger, all being dressed in the most unusual clothes. But it has been a while since the two girls have been here."

"Blond...dresses all funny...it feels like Paimon's heard this one before...W-wait...do you mean..."

"Could it be...?"

"Does that stranger's face look...anything like Lumine's?!"

"Hmm? Like Honorary Knight Lumine's? No, they couldn't look more different. This stranger is a very tall man, and even has an eyepatch..."

"So, just some distant relative of Kaeya's, then..."

"Seriously? How does this have anything to do with Kaeya? Eyepatches can't prove that you're related, anyway!"

"That stranger declined the Guild's invitation, so I can't say that I know anything about the relationship between him and Mr. Kaeya. Nonetheless, you can look for him if you're interested. Perhaps he might accept your commission instead. After all, it is not uncommon for some adventurers to not want to be limited by the Guild, but be happy to accept a fellow adventurer's requests. And should this stranger be a strong adventurer indeed, he would certainly be a big help on your journey."

"Sounds like a tough customer..."

"Please don't talk down on yourself like that. You're the Honorary Knights of the Knights of Favonius, after all. Your deeds are the stuff of song for all the bards in the city even now.

"Well, alright then. About that stranger..."

"Well, as to further news about him... You may want to ask Mr. Lawrence. He stands guard at the city gate, so he may know something about that stranger. I wish you every success, adventurers."

"WAIT!"

"Hm?"

"What about those other two girls?"

"Oh, the first time they visited, they were talking to everyone, and then soon they came to me. I asked them if they would like to join the guild, but they declined, and said they were looking for a "Kiana Kaslana". I offered to start a commission for them to help find this Kiana but they said they didn't need it."

"Huh. Isn't that Y/n's real name?"

POV: Kiana...Kaslana? Is it...really them?!

"Have you seen these girls lately?"

"No, it has been 2 weeks since they last came. I was thinking they weren't here anymore."

"Oh..."