prologue

The Sumeru Kingdom

The Sumeru Kingdom.

One of the most powerful kingdoms in Teyvat. out of all the seven kingdoms in total, Sumeru was known for their greenery forest and endless deserts. a beautiful nation that consist of many wonderful folks and nobles.

The royal family was well known and established. they had provided the ones in need and cared for the ones who were weak. without them, Sumeru would've been a region with dry soil and dead bones.

Although the kingdom was well nurtured, there are still dangerous things around in Teyvat. let it be hilichurls or something that has to do with the fatui.

So when the youngest princess was born, everyone had agreed to protect her at all cost. she was the pride and joy of the kingdom and no one should dare ruin that. although some might think she's just another spoil royal, but really she's an angel in disguise.

The king and queen were happy with all of their children, but something about their youngest daughter was a blessing. the older siblings had thought the same as well.

(Y/n) (L/n), a well mannered young lady. her beauty was like no other. from her hair to her feet, she looked ethereal. many princesses from other regions wanted to befriend her while other princes wanted to take her. despite her overprotective family, her happiness was contagious.

If she laughs, everyone would smile. if she talks, everyone would listen. if she sleeps or study, everyone would shut their mouth and let the young princess do her thing.

Now, i know that everyone thinks she's just more favored, but no one can help it. not only does her parents love her, but her siblings want to protect her from any nearby danger around, including boys.

"Listen here, my girl. boys your age don't know how to treat princesses like you." her father had told her while tucking her in.

Blinking wide eyes at her father, the ten year old tilted her head and hugged her stuffed animal. "what's wrong with boys, papa?"

"Boys are boys that act all mighty. they don't know proper manners yet and they don't know how to treat a princess like you," her father replied while caressing her (h/c) locks. "once you grow older, you deserve a man that can treat you well. for now, i will find someone that can protect you. a royal personal guard."

"What if i don't want a personal guard?" her small whisper filled the quiet bedroom.

"We will talk about it more tomorrow. sleep well, my princess." pecking her temple, the little girl watch her father shut her bedroom's door.

Waiting for a few moment, she threw off her duvet and ran to her balcony. opening the big windows, she stood upon her balcony and watch stars twinkle above her. the little white dots saying hello to her while as the moon beamed at her.

Clasping her small hands together and intertwining the fingers, (Y/n) squeezed her (e/c) eyes shut and whispered. "when i grow up, i hope i marry someone that can take care of me like a prince from my fairytale books..."