19

a/n: character's death 💔

Royalty was something that had been passed down within centuries into centuries. the royal blood was a significant source of power. whoever was born within the royalty bloodline, they would either be the next ruler of the kingdom or the resource to great power.

Everyone believes that the royal family was something significant and without the royal blood, there's nothing. let's start off with the position of the royals.

The King.

A king is the male ruler that rules all and everyone. he's the one that takes charge in everything, whether it be from himself or within the family. the maker, the creator, and the ruler of the nation.

The Queen.

She's the wife and the second power of the family. although she's the weak in power compared to the king, she has the gift to born a heir and continue the royal bloodline.

The Prince.

Most or not all princes are the ones that will be the next in line for the throne. they are trained on how to properly rule the kingdom at a young age, counting their ability to fight.

The Princess.

One of the weakest position in the royal family. she's the last to rule if something were to happen to the royal family. her role was to only look like an angel in the family and in the kingdom. the face, the object, the source to expand power from one nation to the next.

That is what (Y/n) is in most people's eyes. she was just an object, an image, a doll that can be easily manipulated. her only power she has possess is her beauty and grace. if someone were to court her, they would have to be from another royalty family. reason is because everyone wants to keep the royal blood pure. if a lowly man or peasant were to taint her, then her power is immediately taken away. her position, her name, everything.

Hence why her father was so strict on getting (Y/n) married. she has come to the age where she needs to find a prince that can take her hand in marriage and hopefully form a heir.

If anyone were to knew about this. knew how cruel the royal family can be, then they wouldn't blame the Sumeru princess for running away. all she wanted was to live her life, but that's not the case in this world. she was placed as the princess and if she's the princess, then she must do her duty not only for her family, but for her people as well.

"It's not fair."

Sitting in his office late at night, prince Childe was currently trying to catch up with work, but his mind keep drifting off to the Sumeru princess who was sleeping peacefully in one of the guest rooms.

Staring down at his documents, Childe could feel his own blood boil as he kept on recalling the reason why (Y/n) ran away. he understands how the royals are and how they would do anything to gain power. he's one of them, if he has to admit it, but not to the point he would drive someone away.