4

"Your majesty, if i may ask

"Your majesty, if i may ask.. who was that?"

Hearing the maid's curious question, the princess feels her own heart sink. she doesn't know why, but the way the maid looked at Al Haitham made (Y/n) feel uncomfortable and uneasy.

"He's my personal knight. w-why do you ask?"

Looking back at the princess, Darina gave a beauty bright smile that can make any men nearby swoon or fall in love. "oh, i just thought he was handsome. since i'm still new here in the castle, i hope he can show me around..."

Blinking and processing what Darina had just said, (Y/n) mumbled something which caught the maid's attention. "what was that, your majesty?"

Glancing at the maid before standing up from her bed, "it's nothing. i can change myself so you can leave and go back to your regular shift."

Widening her green eyes, "are you sure? i don't mind helping you with your dress or your makeup-" Darina tried to insist.

"No, it's fine. i rather do it myself today." the Sumeru princess interrupted which caught the maid by a surprise.

As she could only oblige, Darina nodded and bowed, leaving the princess's bedroom chamber. as the new maid left, Darina shut the door behind her and saw Al Haitham standing a few feet away. her green hues widened as she took in the scene before her.

Leaning against the wall with his tall figure, Al Haitham seems to be in his own world. his eyes were shut and his broad arms were crossed, letting Darina notice how big his biceps were. if any women were to see this right now, they would've felt a tingly feeling.

Snapping out of her daze, she notice the man is now in front of her. parting her lips in a daze, Darina watch Al Haitham glanced down at her. "is her majesty still getting ready?" he asked.

Darina could only nod mindlessly while shamelessly checking out the knight in front of her. since he's closer, Darina could see the abs he posses more clearly. the way m the tight black sleeveless shirt easily showed all of the lined and defined abs he has.

"I see," Al Haitham said as he now moved his eyes towards the bedroom door. not really caring about how the maid in front of him is still staring at him so shamelessly, Al Haitham ignored the maid and continued on waiting for his princess.

If he was honest, Al Haitham was used to the stares. all of the women he had encountered inside and outside of the castle, they would check out his appearance as if he's crafted by the archons. this started to happen when Al Haitham turned sixteen. when he was just walking around the common folk areas, getting some lunch with the other knights, many girls flirted with him or were just too friendly.

'Creek!'

Hearing the bedroom door opening, Darina turned around only to see (Y/n) frowning. not knowing why she was frowning, Al Haitham stepped towards her, "are you alright, your majesty?"