17

Inside the dark dungeon, the only thing that could be heard was the torch flame by the wall and the quiet breathing from the detective

Inside the dark dungeon, the only thing that could be heard was the torch flame by the wall and the quiet breathing from the detective. currently sitting by the stone wall and staring at the woman who was still curled up against the corner of the prison cell, Heizou decided to break the silence.

"Tell me Darina, did you had a motive working here?"

Hearing no response, Heizou watched the woman ignore his question again. sighing silently, the detective continued on observing the female prisoner. she doesn't seem to be dangerous. she honestly looks like a fragile woman who is somehow misunderstood,
but then again, Heizou doesn't truly know Darina so he can't fooled easily.

"Before the princess left, did you say something that triggered her?"

Silence once more. Heizou scratched the back of his neck tiredly and sighed again. this has been going on for the past thirty minutes and he's getting a bit impatient. from all of the investigations he has done, this has been one of the difficult ones. sometimes the greatest detective can have a hard time and this is one of them.

"Darina, i'm going to need you to speak or else i'll have to bring his majesty back here." the said majesty would be prince (B/n), of course.

At the mere mention of the prince, Darina widened her eyes and shook her head in fear. "p-please, don't! he's a monster-!"

Now this confused the detective. the Sumeru prince being a monster? sure he was a fierce and strong prince, but he was also respected for his good deeds. what's so frightening about the prince? did something happened between prince (B/n) and Darina before Heizou arrived? not going to question it as he knows it's not his business, Heizou decided to question Darina further.

Standing up from his sitting position, Heizou walked closer to the prison cell and stared at Darina with kind and softness in his eyes, "if you don't want the prince to come back down here, then i'll need you to cooperate with me. can you do that for me?"

Darina glanced at his green eyes for a moment until she notice that he was actually genuine. behind those green eyes held nothing, but patience and kindness.

Nodding mindlessly, Heizou then gestured her to come closer to the prison bar cells. slowly crawling closer to the detective, Darina now has a better view of the detective. from his gorgeous bright green eyes to his red magenta locks that somehow match well with his youthful face.

 from his gorgeous bright green eyes to his red magenta locks that somehow match well with his youthful face

credit - @/hazimemasugozin from twt

Smiling at Darina, "now please answer my previous question. did you say something to her majesty before she left? i'm going to need all the details."

"Are you going to report this to the prince?" Darina asked back which made Heizou tilted his head which caused a bit of his vibrant red magenta hair fall over his face. "depends on your answer, miss Darina."

Sighing to herself, Darina looked down at her lap and explained what happened. explaining how the Sumeru princess asked her questions about leaving the kingdom and because of this, it made Darina wanting the princess to actually leave the kingdom so she could have a chance with Al Haitham.

"So you were jealous?" Heizou asked as he looked at the lowly maid.

"I was not jealous! it's just that how can i compare to her? she's royalty, a bad one that is. it's not my fault that my heart desired for sir Al Haitham and she was in the way..." Darina shot back.

Humming at the reply, Heizou soon flinched as he felt cold hands touching his cheek. feeling Darina's cupping his cheek through the prison bars, "detective, please if you tell the prince, he would have me executed. it was just a simple mistake, i promise you. please, don't let this lowly maid die." begging with tears building up in her innocent eyes.

Carefully taking her wrist and making her remove her hold on his cheeks, Heizou just gave a closed eye smile,
"i'll see what i can do, but just know that it's not up to me... it's up to prince (B/n)."

- ✦ -

- ✦ -

Feeling the sea wind blowing through her hair, (Y/n) feels her heart squeeze as she thought about the farewells she did to Ayato and Thoma. just few hours ago, she tightly hugged the two men when they had helped her escape into the ship. Ayato was kind enough to pay one of the sailors to take her somewhere far away from Inazuma.

Frowning at herself, (Y/n) hummed a random tune and continued on gazing at the sea water. while being in her own lonely world, she soon felt a small tap on the shoulder. looking back at the culprit, she sees one of the sailors bowing at her, "we're here, your majesty."

Turning back to the sea, (Y/n)'s eyes widen as she recognizes the kingdom. forming a big grin, the Sumeru princess quickly walked to the front of the ship to have a closer look. now feeling the breeze become colder as the ship sails closer to the nation, (Y/n) couldn't help, but feel excitement bubble in her chest.

There it was, the gorgeous kingdom she always had always visited as a child. her eyes sparkled as she feels herself coming closer to the kingdom.

"We will soon land your majesty, so please be careful!" the captain of the ship said as he guided the steering wheel of the wooden ship.

Nodding at the captain, (Y/n) carefully held her gown and blocked the beaming sunlight with her free hand. 'i hope i can meet him again..' (Y/n) sweetly thought in her head as she feels the ship coming closer to the dock.

As the ship sailed closer to the dock, (Y/n) wasted no time on exiting the ship which slightly frightened the sailors as they didn't want her to hurt herself. ignoring the worry glances, (Y/n) excitedly looked around the beautiful cold kingdom.

Next stop, the Snezhnaya kingdom.

a/n: PRINCE CHILDE PRINCE CHILDE PRINCE CHILDE 😫💙

(not edited)
10/22/22