23

2nd POV

2nd POV

Home.

What is a home? is it just a house or a random building that you go to whenever the day ends? is it a place where you live with other people that shares the same blood as you?

Simple, it's neither.

A home is where you feel love and safe. a home can be any place or with anyone. a home is supposed to be where you feel cherish and loved. without it, you'll feel lost and completely destroyed. unfortunately, that's what you feel right now as you feel your knight drag you through the forest. his hold on your wrist tightened as he feels anxiety bubbling in his stomach.

You winced as you felt a nearby tree branch scratching your delicate skin. staring up at his broad back in worry, "where are we going?" you asked the knight who continued on dragging your figure deeper to the forest.

Sumeru was known to have a big land. from there vast desert to their greenery forest. everything was just so beautiful, until it somehow crumbled into gray ashes. the land you had grown up in, grew to love was now gone. with a snap of a finger, you watch your people and your kingdom fall.

"Somewhere safe. i'm not sure who's behind this, but we need to get you somewhere safe." Al Haitham said to you as he tightened his hold on your wrist.

Not knowing what to say, you just follow him and hope that you can keep up with his fast steps.

After awhile, you had finally stopped as you and Al Haitham now stare at an abandoned place in the middle of the forest. the walls and the roof was cracked from age, the stones were growing vines from time, and the stairs seem to be dangerous to step on.

"Let's stay in there for awhile. it's the only shelter before we move," Al Haitham spoke as he let go of your wrist and took out his sword. "stay behind me, your majesty."

Addressing you as you stand behind, you worriedly gaze around the creepy forest. you had never seen this part of Sumeru, but you were sure it had a reason that it was abandoned.

- ✦ -