10

Shivering from the crying forest, the runaway princess is currently hiding under a tree

Shivering from the crying forest, the runaway princess is currently hiding under a tree. just a few hours ago, she hid her identity by wearing a cloak she had stolen. pulling the hood down so no one could see her unique (e/c) eyes. if she were to be found, who knows what will happen if she was dragged back into the castle.

It was hard at first if she was being honest. she didn't want to abandoned her mother, brother, or her knight, but she needed to. she needed to save herself from the upcoming arrange marriage. the escape was difficult and harsh, but she managed to do it when (Y/n) had heard that her knight was called in by her brother. that gave her a free chance to escape through his grasp.

Thinking about her whole future being taken away was something she didn't want. i mean, who wants to be married to a stranger you don't even know? what if that man was a greedy old geezer who only thirst for wealth and women.

Shivering at the mere thought of that, (Y/n) pulled her knees to her chest and continued on listening to the wet rain outside.

As she stared at the wet forest, (Y/n) recalled an old memory where she would sneak out with her older siblings and play in the rain. dancing and running around the puddles before getting scolded by the maids.

Sighing blissfully at the adorable memory, (Y/n) already misses her family. even though it hasn't been a full day yet, her heart yearns for her family and a certain knight.

Thankfully though, she had left a letter for her family and for Al Haitham. wishing a farewell and if they were to see each other again, (Y/n) hopes everything will be well.

"You know, you could get sick if you stay out here any longer."

Freezing from the new voice that had interrupted her internal thoughts, (Y/n) pulled down her cloak and peeked. in front of her was a strange man that had long ears that resembled a dog? a fox? either way, the princess couldn't help, but admire the fluffy rail and adorable tall ears.

Not noticing his green brown eyes staring down at her, viewing her as a stupid girl who would stay outside in the cold rain rather than inside a warm house.

Snapping his fingers in front of her which made (Y/n) blinked in surprise. "let me guess.. you ran away from home?"

Twitching his ears, the unknown person continued on staring down at the princess. observing her outfit and luggage, he could only think of one thing.

"What's your name?"

If his prediction was correct, then he would probably have to do something within this situation.

"U-Uh my name is (R/n)." lying through her teeth, the princess could only watch the unknown person roll his eyes. "funny, what's your real name."

Sighing dejectedly, "(Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n)."

Humming at the familiar name, "so the Sumeru princess has officially escape the castle walls. what a strange situation we have here."

Scoffing at the person, "it's not like i was forced to. what's your name then? you sound pretty if you're talking to the Sumeru princess so casually." (Y/n) crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes at the person.

Giving a small smile, "just a friendly forest watcher. Tighnari is my name, but that's not what's important right now. i'm curious on why the Sumeru princess is suddenly in a deep rainy forest.. faraway from the castle?"

Gulping nervously, (Y/n) gave a fake smile, hoping to ease the tension in the atmosphere.

"What if i said i don't want to become a princess anymore?"

- ✦ -

- ✦ -

"Who's this?"

Following Tighnari into his house, (Y/n) sees three new strangers. two of them being regular looking people while the other was a fairy?

"Just someone important. Collei, could you get me some blanket and water?"

The green haired girl nodded, "of course!" wasting no time, the girl quickly left and went to go get the needed things. while as the blonde traveler looked at (Y/n) with curious eyes.

Noticing the stare, (Y/n) shifted on her feet and just cleared her throat nervously, "hello, don't mind me.. just uh a regular citizen from Sume-"

"She's the Sumeru princess," Tighnari said as he went to his desk, looking for something specific.

Glaring at the man who just exposed her identity, (Y/n) was about to tell him off only to meet a friendly smile from the blonde.

"Wow! i didn't know i would meet the Sumeru princess today," the blonde traveler said.

Feeling herself get flustered, (Y/n) smiled back, "oh please, you don't have to address me so formally. just call me (Y/n). what's your name? you don't look like you're from here."

Shaking hands with the blonde, the traveler introduced themselves, "my name is Lumine and this is my emergency food, Paimon."

"HEY!"

Giggling at the duo, (Y/n) continued on making conversations with Lumine and Paimon until she felt a gentle tap on the shoulder. turning around, she sees Collei handing her a glass of water. "s-sorry if i took long..!"

Smiling warmly at the young girl, "not at all. thank you for fetching this for me." (Y/n) kindly said to which Collei smile at.

As everyone settled and get to know one another, Paimon couldn't help, but be bold to ask, "why did you suddenly run away? i thought living as a princess was nice!"

"Paimon.." Lunine started off, but (Y/n) waved it off. looking at Paimon with sadness in her eyes, "it's just due to personal issues, but for now i'm glad i met you all. without Tighnari here, i would've been freezing out there right now."

Lumine smiled and grasped (Y/n)'s hands together with her own, "i hope your travels go well. if you need any assistance, we can accompany you if you have a specific place in mind."

Paimon nodded in agreement, "yeah! just tell us where you want to go and we will easily take you! we have met so many wonderful people during our travels, it would be nice if you meet them as well!"

Blinking in surprise, the Sumeru princess hummed in deep thought. where does she desire to go? somewhere she hasn't been?

"I know!" (Y/n) said as she now look at everyone. "you do?" Lumine asked to which the princess nodded excitedly.

"If so kindly, please take me to Inazuma first! i have a friend there and i haven't seen him in so long. i heard that he traveled to Inazuma and decided to live there even though he's not originated from there."

Paimon tilted her head, "who's this friend? maybe we know him."

Grinning at the thought of her friend, (Y/n) answered, "his name is Thoma."

a/n: not you guys bullying me to touch grass 🙄 also i'm in my Thoma simp era right now so 🥴

(not edited)
9/8/22