25

Al Haitham's POV

Al Haitham's POV

The day i was found by the captain of the royal knights, i had considered myself lucky. without him, i would've still be rotting in the street with all the other orphans. anyone could have been disgusted by the sight of me as i was wearing dirty rag clothes with unbrushed hair.

So when the captain had took me in, he had saw potential in me. from the way my teal eyes sparkled at the sight of a shiny and well shaped sword or from how the other adult knights fought against each other.

Claiming that i wanted to be a knight, the captain chuckled in amusement which made me feel lighter. when was the last time i had seen someone so delightful and happy? back when i used to live in the streets, i remember seeing the common folks worrying about their lives as they couldn't afford many things like the nobles.

"Show me what you got, kid."

That's when i had shown him. i easily picked up a wooden sword, despite how small i was. quickly showing what i already know, the captain of the guards grinned in pride. it was like the first time he had seen someone so young, so skillful, and so confident.

"What's your name?"

He asked me when i wiped away my sweat. looking up at the tall captain, i stood up straight and confidently responded.

"Al Haitham, sir. my name is Al Haitham."

If only i knew that this was the day that will change my life forever.

You see, i was always the quiet one in the once living orphanage. i would watch all the children around my age play with each other while i sit back and read a book. i wasn't really into things that children take interest in as i always feel like it's not for me. so because of this, i always felt left out. the lonely one that is supposed to be an outcast in this world.

When the orphanage had shut down, i wandered around the streets and alleyways, hoping to shield myself away from the world.

Soon, i was fifteen when i met someone that completely changed me.

She was a peculiar little girl who was so bubbly and sweet. usually any other princesses were already mature at their young age, but her? she acted like a normal kid who just wants to go out in the garden and run around.

"I want him to be my new personal royal guard!"

Everyone in the throne room was surprised, even myself. i don't even know why i was chosen or what made the young princess before me think it's best to pick me. i had just recently trained with the older knights not long ago, so when she had chosen me as her own personal knight, i didn't know what to expect.

Learning the basic etiquette, i greeted the young princess in my best behavior, "it's an honor to meet you, princess. my name is Al Haitham and i will now be your new personal royal guard."