24

a/n: you guys will hate me once you read this chapter

Before all this chaos, this madness, this tragedy, the second prince of Sumeru wasn't always evil.

When he was first born, he grew up with his oldest brother around. whether it be following him to the training grounds or ask to watch his brother study with his personal tutor.

Prince (B/n) was a lovely boy who was too smart for his age. he knew that he wasn't the type to become a headstrong knight like his friends or his brother. he knew that he can become a good teacher that can teach the young ones new things.

Unfortunately, when his father, the Sumeru king declared that the first prince will be taking the next throne, (B/n) felt jealousy surge in his blood. all the power, the wealth, the love will be going to the first prince while the second prince stay behind his shadow like a weakling.

When it was declared that the first prince will takeover the throne next, it made him even more busy.

(B/n) didn't get to follow his brother to the training grounds or assist him in his studies like he used to. he didn't get to see his brother a lot as he was too busy preparing to become king in the future.

That made the second prince frustrated, until one day he had started having younger siblings. three younger sisters who changed his life, especially the youngest.

"Brother!"

Hitching his breath, the said prince turned around only to see a 3 year old (Y/n) wobbling her feet towards him. her shaky chubby legs tried to stand up as she walked slowly towards her older brother with a big smile on her young face.

(B/n) could only stand still and watch his baby sister then wrap her arms around his leg. tilting her head up cutely, she grinned brightly which secretly warmed the prince's heart.

"Play?" she asked while pointing back to the hallway, leading to (Y/n)'s bedroom. although she was too young to form full sentences, (B/n) could still understand his younger sister's words.

"Play? what about your sisters? don't you want to play with them?" he asked the little girl who only shook her head in response.

Tugging his pants, the little girl asked again, "play dolls?"

Couldn't resist his sister, (B/n) agreed to play with his younger sister, hoping it can distract himself from all the jealousy seeping through his veins. after all, just thinking about his eldest brother makes his heart turn black.

"Alright, i'll play you only if you don't make too much of a mess," warning the little girl. if any child were to hear that warning, they would have cowered in fear, but (Y/n) only giggled in response as she tried to tug her brother to her bedroom where all her toys were waiting.

"Play! play! play!"

- ✦ -

The day (Y/n) ran away