21

2nd POV

2nd POV

It's happening all over again. watching and feeling yourself being left behind. the crack in your heart starts to break as you continue on watching Al
Haitham fight off Cyno from the distance.

"Princess, are you okay there?"

The question that prince Childe asked fell deaf into your ear as you start to think about all the times Al Haitham had saved you. whether it be from boredom or from a life/death situation. gripping her hold on the Snezhnaya prince, you decided that it's time to stop all of this. this cat and mouse chase needs to stop at once and this is your time to use your royalty status to end it.

"Bring me down," you said as you continued on staring off to the distance.

Childe slowly stopped his steps and looked at you in his arms, "i'm sorry, what did you say?" then his ocean blue eyes widen in shock as he sees you staring up at him with fire in your eyes.

"My apologies prince, but i need to do this," you said as you swiftly jumped down from Childe's arms and quickly took his sword that was stash by his side. before the prince could turn back to stop you, you had already ran towards the two Sumeru knights.

"PRINCESS!"

Running up between the two knights that was about to clash to each other, you stood and blocked Cyno's attack. Al Haitham's eyes widen as he staggered back in shock.

Cyno felt a push and nearly fell to his back from the impact, but thankfully kept his composure. his red eyes stared directly into yours and could only frown deeply. "what do you think you're doing, your majesty?"

Feeling the heavy sword about to slip away from your fingers, you held on your strength. "stop this. i am done with this chase and no matter what you say, i still have the power before you, Cyno."

The said knight stood tall and came closer to your figure who also stood tall. Cyno stared down at you with a hard glare, "if you really can prove your worthy princess, then show me right now. prove me wrong and if i see that you are well fit to be the princess of Sumeru, then i will stop this chase."

You hesitatingly stepped back and fisted both your hands. shaking in frustration, you realize what Cyno was trying to do. he was trying to provoke you. no matter what you do, you will always be the weak princess of Sumeru that always hide behind her siblings or her personal knight.

Al Haitham that was standing behind you could only stare at your back. if this was happening back in Sumeru, he wouldn't hesitate to step in front of you and shield all the danger away, but knowing you, you wouldn't want that right now. not at this moment.

Biting your lip tightly, almost to the point blood will be seeping out, you gazed down at the snowy ground. the white cold sheets freezing your toes.

"Your majesty-" Al Haitham was about to interfere, but he stopped himself when he watched you stepped up to Cyno once more. if someone were to see you right now, they would've thought that you had been rejected or you had loss someone important.