special chapter (birthday)

(Genshin au)

(Genshin au)

"What's wrong with you today?"

Narrowing his red hues at the man before him, Kaveh crossed his arms as he stared at his roommate who's reading from his office desk. as of now, Al Haitham is in the zone as he stare holes at the book he's reading. this made Kaveh really confused because why would the Al Haitham look so distressed?

Al Haitham didn't acknowledge or respond to the blonde man and continued on skimming through the pages. piles of heavy books stacked up on his office desk and the floor, telling Kaveh that he's been doing this for hours.

"Let me guess.. you're finally stuck on something? the great Al Haitham is finally stuck on a problem and can't figure it out? is that it? HAHAHA-!" Kaveh stifles his laugh as he watch Al Haitham glare at him.

"I am no where near stuck, i am just researching." Al Haitham turned the page as he looked back at the page before him.

Kaveh scoff, "and what is this research that needs to take hours on?"

"Her birthday," Al Haitham mumbled as he furrowed his brows.

Blinking owlishly l, "i'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

"Her birthday," Al Haitham repeated but more clearly. "it's going to be her birthday and i don't know what to get her." 

It was silent for a moment until Kaveh bursted out laughing like a crazy person. wiping his tears, Kaveh could only chuckle as he sees Al Haitham glaring at him once more.

"You? you don't know what to get for your lover who you've been with for years? what's so different about this birthday than her past birthdays?"

Al Haitham sighed deeply, "we've been together for years and i want to give her something special. something that will make her look at me with those beautiful eyes. i want to give her something so a smile can form on her face. so, tell me Kaveh, do you have anything in mind?"

Raising a brow at the blonde man, Al Haitham watches Kaveh hummed in thought.

"I do have one thing in mind that you could give her.." Kaveh said slyly as he wrote down a certain address to a shop. "go to this shop and get this for her. it's about time you give it to her, especially on her special day too."

Al Haitham's eyes widen as he looked at the address Kaveh had written down. for the first time in his life, Al Haitham is nervous. "do you think she'll like it?" he mumbled and Kaveh heard.

"Of course she will! she's my best friend after all! i know what she likes and what she wants."

— ✦ —

Giggling was heard in the empty restaurant that Al Haitham reserved. the woman before him smiled as she stared around the restaurant. it was a beautiful fancy restaurant that always served many courses. 

Holding onto his bicep that was so big compared to both of her hands, (Y/n) admires the gorgeous restaurant. as she was admiring the restaurant, she didn't realize that Al Haitham was busy admiring her. her long dark green dress wrapped around her body curves, giving Al Haitham's heart a warm hug. the deep v neck showing off her cleavage and the necklace he had gifted her as one of her birthday present today.

"You know you didnt have to reserve the whole restaurant, my love." (Y/n) said as she quietly thanked her beloved who pulled out a chair for her. "either way, i will love anything with whatever you have planned."

Al Haitham cleared his throat as he now sat in his own seat which was a-crossed from his seat. "nonsense, you deserve the whole world. this is the least i can do."

Smiling at the man before her, she reached out her hand to grabbed his bigger ones. "how was your day though? i know it gets hectic when you're the acting grand sage."

The man gave a small smile and brought her hand up to his lips. "it's your special day, and you're still asking about me? what did i do to deserve you?"

As the couple enjoy their dinner together. having small talks and enjoying their delicious meal, Al Haitham suddenly feels his heart beating fast. it's almost time to bring out the gift. when he went to shop that Kaveh recommended, it had taken hours for Al Haitham to pick the right one. the right and perfect one.

"Love, are you okay?" snapping out of his nervous thoughts, he sees (Y/n) looking at him worriedly. breathing in and out, Al Haitham gave a small nod, "i'm alright, don't worry too much."

"What's on your mind?" she asked as she watch Al Haitham gaze around the restaurant.

"What's on my mind right now is you."

Blinking and widening her (e/c) eyes, (Y/n) watch Al Haitham stand up from his chair and walk towards her side of the table. kneeling down and ignoring how the suit he has on right now is kind of right around his muscles.

Taking both her hands and caressing them with his thumb. looking at her with so much love, it can be detected miles away.

"My love, the day i met you at the academy, i have always thought you were a bright and intelligent woman. someone who always put others before herself. someone who always put her intelligent mind into something that can become bright like the sun you are. someone who doesn't give up on her dreams. when we had first said "i love you" to each other, it made me thought about our future together. thinking about having a family with you, calling you my wife, coming home to see your beautiful self, i want it all. my dream is you, my beloved. my whole world, my heart, my dream is all you. so, what i'm trying to accomplish by saying all of this right now is.. will you marry me and become my wife?"

(Y/n)'s lips wobble as she stare down at her boyfriend who had just confessed his deep love for her. she then watch Al Haitham take out a velvet box that held 10 different kind of rings.

"I wasn't sure which one you desired the most, so i had bought 10 different kinds for you to choose," Al Haitham said as he feels his ear blushing from the nervousness and excitement he's feeling.

Laughing out loudly with tears still lingering on her waterline, (Y/n) took the box and placed it on the table beside before tackling Al Haitham.

Surprised from the sudden impact, he still managed to hold her tightly against her so she doesn't hurt herself. nuzzling against his neck, "of course i'll be your wife," she whispered happily while giving small pecks on his neck.

Hearing her answer, Al Haitham sighed in relief and wrapped his big arms around her figure. feeling his whole heart burst into flames because he feels like the whole world is now his as his girl, no, fiancé accepted him.

"I love you, my love."

"I love you more, my beloved."

a/n: i'm writing this on my birthday as a celebration 🥂 thank you for the birthday wishes, my loves ✨

(not edited)
04/17/23