11

'Slam!'

'Slam!'

Panting and sweating a bit, the knight immediately scanned the empty bedroom with fear in his eyes. the once serious and stern eyes turned into fear as he heard that the princess was missing.

He wasted no time on running through the halls and went straight to her bedroom. before he made towards the bedroom, the knight searched in the ballroom, library room, the garden, and the dining room. unfortunately, she wasn't in any of the rooms so the only lady hope was her bedroom.

In all honesty, when Al Haitham had heard the other knight confirmed, "the princess is missing," he felt his own world shake. never in his life did he think that his princess would go missing. slipping through his fingers.

"Princess?" Al Haitham said as he walked around the room. checking each and every corners, hoping she's just hiding and playing a joke like she usually does, but nothing. "princess.. please tell me this is a joke."

No answer was made.

Al Haitham kept on searching around the room until he stumbled upon a hand made letter sitting on her vanity desk. feeling his heart rate go up, the knight picked up the delicate letter and unfolded it.

Dear Al Haitham,

If you are reading this, then I must have left already. Please don't panic, I was not kidnapped, but merely just running away. Yes, I am a coward for running away from my duties, but I just couldn't do it. Thinking about my own future being taken away felt sickening, so the only thing I could think of was to run away. Don't worry though, this is my final act before I get married off to someone I don't truly love. You may think of me as a selfish, weakling, and miserable princess, but that's okay. Now if you think of searching for me.. please don't. I want to explore and travel, visit my loving friends from the other kingdoms. So Al Haitham, if you are still reading, please read my letter again and don't ever let my parents find out that I solely ran away. Knowing them, they would blame me for my own selfishness and would never let me go anywhere anymore.

This is not a farewell, but a see you soon.

Your princess, (Y/n) (L/n)

Rereading the letter again and again, Al Haitham gently folded the handwritten letter had put it in his pocket. he was about to leave the bedroom until another knight came up to him.

"Sir Al Haitham, where are you going? the royal family has requested for your presence-"

"Tell them I can't, I'm going out." Al Haitham answered without looking at the knight who was surprised about disobeying the royal family.