6

a/n: Al Haitham might be ooc, but please bare with it since it's for the story plot 🥲

Today's the day.

The day where her faith relies on someone else's hands. her whole love life, her marriage, her everything will be decided tonight. we will soon see if she will meet someone that can meet her expectations. someone that can be worthy by her elegance and beauty.

Standing alone in her dimly lit bedroom, (Y/n) is gazing at herself from the body length mirror. earlier today, she was helped into her beautiful detail ball gown as well as getting her makeup done.

One of the maids had asked if she wanted her hair done, but (Y/n) declined saying she only wanted her hair flow freely rather than a whole extra style.

Delicately putting her lace gloves on, (Y/n) could already feel the material itching her skin so softly. the jingle of her earrings would make a sound every time she moved as well as her heels clacking against the harden floor.

Once the glove was on, she now looked at the shiny crown in front of her. sitting so nicely on the small cushion, (Y/n) could see all the important details the crown held. all of the stories and histories behind the diamonds.

Holding onto the fragile looking crown, she placed it upon her head ever so gently. as soon the crown was placed and settled, (Y/n) breathed in and out.

"You can do this. you are (Y/n) (L/n), princess of the Sumeru Kingdom and you will show everyone that you are not some weak princess who relies on royal wealth..."

Encouraging herself with determination in her pretty looking (e/c) eyes, (Y/n) repeated the words once more until a knock was made through the lonely bedroom chamber.

"Are you ready? everyone is now settled in and waiting for your grand entrance."

Walking to her bedroom door, (Y/n) opened it only to see her brother who was formally dressed as well. his own (h/c) hair was styled and his usual prince looking attire was replaced with a more formal looking one.

Grinning so boyishly, "well will you look at that. my baby sister looking all grown up."

Rolling her eyes, (Y/n) held onto her brother's awaiting arm, "you alway say that and the last time you saw me in a ball gown was just few months ago."

"What? i can't compliment my sister who will always be a baby to me?" (B/n) asked playfully who earned a smack in the chest.

"Shut it. aren't you suppose to escort me?"

That's right. although everyone would think her personal knight would escort her, (B/n) insisted that he will be the one that will escort his sister to the grand ball. of course (Y/n) couldn't reject the idea, her brother is one of the closest people to her so she appreciated the king gesture.