9

a/n: sorry for the long awaited chapter, but here you go my lovelies 💟

Sitting by your window, (Y/n) continued on watching the scenery in front of her. the blue bright sky and sun mocking her, letting her know that they're happy while she isn't.

No one blames her though. just few hours ago, her own freedom was taken away.. not like she had one in the first place, but her future and her life. all of them were snapped in a flash.

What would she do if she were to run away? nothing because she doesn't know where to go or what to do in order to survive. in most of her life as a princess, she was living behind the castle walls. studying, sleeping, eating, etc..

Feeling her own tears starting again, (Y/n) quickly wipe it away before they could run down her tear stain cheek. everything has gone so wrong ever since she became a young adult. a young woman who starts to make her own decision and want to become more independent.

Ignoring the grandfather clock ticking time away, (Y/n) was about to stand up to run a bath, hoping it will wash her sadness away only to hear a soft knock from her bedroom door.

Not looking back at the door and still staring at the window, (Y/n) let out a soft, "who is it?"

"Princess, are you alright in there?"

Not answering the green eye maid, the said princess just stay silent and let the silence take in between the two. without permission, Darina boldly opened the door and see the princess burying herself in her own world. the world that became dark and hollow, letting everyone see how dejected she feels.

"Darina."

Jolting from her name, the maid looked at the princess who was now staring down at her lap. "Darina, what would you do if you were force to do something you hate?"

Odd.

How odd it was for the princess to ask such a thing to a mere maid. nonetheless, Darina answered, "well.. i would probably find a way to stop it, but if that doesn't work then i will run away and never come back."

"Run away and never come back, huh?" (Y/n) mumbled thoughtfully. "and how where would you go if you were to run away?"

"Well i don't have a family, but probably to Fontaine! i heard it's a beautiful place to live in, although i don't know what the people are like." Darina answered again.

As Darina answered the suspicious questions from the princess, she doesn't know that she's piling thoughts of running away.

"I see. have you ever been outside the castle walls?"

"No, but the forest surrounding the kingdom is frightening. you don't know what type of monsters lurking nearby." Darina shivered as she thought about scary looking creatures chasing her.

"It's worth the risk." (Y/n) said as she stood up quickly and went to her closet. this confused the maid, "w-what are you doing, princess?"

"You don't need to worry. just go back to your duty." (Y/n) said as she quickly took some warm clothes and few undergarments.