12

About to scream her heart out, a hand quickly covered her mouth before it could even part

About to scream her heart out, a hand quickly covered her mouth before it could even part. green eyes swiftly looked at the culprit and could only shrink away as she saw the glare towards her.

"Don't even think about." Al Haitham whispered near her ear as he tightened his hold on her, nearly making her squirm in slight pain. "if you don't cooperate, then i will have to take you to the royal family for further investigation. do you understand?"

Starting to sweat a bit from fear, Darina could only nod in response which made the knight slightly release his harsh grip on her.

Releasing his hand from her mouth, Al Haitham continued on holding her, making sure she doesn't try anything else stupid. "now answer me. what did you do to the princess before she was announced missing?" he asked.

Darina sighed shakily, "i-i went to the princess's bedroom and saw she was sad for some reason. i tried to ask what's wrong, b-but then she asked me this bizarre question."

"Bizarre question?"

"Yes and i couldn't help, but comply. i answered her question, hoping it would satisfied her and apparently she took it to heart." Darina explained further. although Darina answered more calmly, her heart was still racing because she had just dug herself a deeper hole.

"What question did she asked and what did you say to her?" Al Haitham asked once more.

Now stuttering to reveal the truth, Darina was about to answer only to get interrupted by multiple high pitch screaming. catching both of their attention, Al Haitham released Darina and gazed around to see what's happening. stepping out of the alleyway, Al Haitham sees multiple royal guards riding their horses.

But what caught his most attention was the prince riding his own horse and he did not look happy.

As Al Haitham tried to figure out what's going on, he didn't realize Darina coming out of the alleyway as well. standing next to the knight, Darina could only hope that whatever is happening isn't going to go wrong.

"Back away!" the royal guards shouted at the common citizens who could only wonder why the prince is here. it was rare for prince (B/n) to be out and about, especially around the common folk areas.

Halting his horse, (B/n) immediately came down and gazed around. once he had found the person he was looking for, (B/n) didn't waste anytime on walking up to that person with heavy steps.

Widening her green eyes, Darina thought the prince was coming up to Al Haitham who only stood his ground, but as she was about to back away, she felt a rough tug.

"You." (B/n) said as he glared at Darina who looked really scared now. looked even more scared than she was with Al Haitham. "you are coming with me. back to the castle."

Not wasting anytime, (B/n) called out for the guards who immediately came to his aid. letting go of Darina who screamed in protest as the guards tried to bring her back to the castle, (B/n) took out a handkerchief and wiped his hand. "how filthy," (B/n) mumbled as he wiped his hand.