27

"What do you mean she's not here anymore?"

Nahida could see his eyes dimmed down as he asked that question. the way his teal green hues had now turned dark, almost making Nahida feel bad as he misunderstood the statement.

"I meant she's not in Sumeru anymore."

This caught Al Haitham's full attention. as he was about to quickly ask where his princess was, Nahida beat him to it. 

"The princess is fortunately saved by someone. when the news about Sumeru crumbling down, a certain man found the princess in the dungeon cells and quickly took her to safety. all you need to do is find a way to stop this chaos in Sumeru before it gets worse. who knows what prince (B/n) could do."

Al Haitham nodded and stared directly into Nahida's eyes, "please bring me to the princess first. i need to see if she's alright, before we can make any moves on prince (B/n)."

Smiling, Nahida clasped her two hands together, shutting her eyes closed. few seconds pass by, and Al Haitham feels his whole figure being teleported into another place. he then heard Nahida spoke her last words before he completely disappeared.

"Please save Sumeru before it's too late."

— ✦ —

— ✦ —

"Is she still locking herself in?"

The maid who was standing in front of a big double door nodded her head at the voice. the man sighed deeply and gazed at the locked door. ever since he saved the princess from anymore torture from her brother, she has been completely mute from everyone, including him.

He had tried everything for the last few days. making sure she was eating, making sure she's at least taking care of herself.

For the last few days, it has been hard for him as well. despite the Sumeru princess struggling with her trauma and mentality right now, he has to talk to the counselors and other generals on how to stop what's happening in Sumeru.