8

2nd POV

2nd POV

You felt like you were being pushed into an endless pit, full of darkness and tears. the once beautiful ballroom felt suffocating as you continued on letting all the unknown eyes stare down at you. feeling your own heart beat faster, you quickly fled the scene, hating all the pressure and attention on you.

Ignoring all the shouting and whispers, you didn't realize that a knight was running after you. the wet tears in your eyes starts to flow down like a waterfall, making it hard to see what's in front of you, but you didn't care. all you needed was to get away from everyone.

Opening to a random door from the big hallway, you slipped inside the dark room and sat down. leaning your back against the wall, you controlled your breathing. hoping no one was searching for you.

Shutting your eyes, you breathed in and out a few more times until your rapid breathing calmed down. basking in the silence around you, your ears didn't pick up footsteps coming towards you.

'Bam!'

Gasping frighteningly, you stared up at the intruder and felt your heart picking up again. panting and catching his own breath, Al Haitham immediately engulfed your crouching figure. his strong arms wrapped around your shaking body, hoping it can ease your fear.

"Calm down, princess," he closely whispered in your ear which shivered your slightly. "it's just us right now, so please don't be afraid."

Relaxing under his touch, you let your head rest against his broad shoulder and wrap your own arms around him. it was quite rare for Al Haitham to hug you like this, but when it's truly needed, he will do anything he can to help you.

Ever since you were the center of the attention in the Sumeru kingdom, you grew up with anxiety and a few panic attacks. the reason for this was due to the image you always have to hold. the fake mask you have to wear every single day. of course not everyone admires you.

Some thinks that you're just another princess who holds a pretty privilege. meaning, even if you weren't pretty, you would've been kicked off to the alley and become a commoner. if only you knew that majority still loves you and that the rest were just jealous of you.

After a few minute, Al Haitham leaned back, but still held your body with his hands. "do you want me to take you back to your bedroom?" he asked in a quiet yet comforting way.

Nodding slightly against his shoulder, Al Haitham quickly took your figure and carried you bridal style. once he had you in his arms, you couldn't help but bury your head in his neck and wrap your arms around it. he was just so warm and comforting, it honestly makes you want to sleep in his arms.

Carrying you to your designated bedroom, Al Haitham knows he will dread what will happen tomorrow, but for now he needs to focus on you.

Kicking your bedroom door open which kind of scared you, Al Haitham gently placed your down on your bed. as he was about to leave once you were sitting comfortably on your bed, you called out to him.