3

"Y-You're lying!"

"Y-You're lying!"

It was rare to find the princess raising her voice. usually when she's around her family or other people, she tends to keep her emotion in check, but somehow this broke it.

Standing in front of her father in the throne room, she could see the surprise expression on his face. never has he heard his youngest daughter raising her voice.

"There's no way i will marry someone i don't know!"

Staring directly at her father, (Y/n) couldn't believe what he had declared. at first, she thought her father had called her to the throne room to check up on her, only to find out that she would be finding a suitor. someone that can be place as her husband.

"Darling, you are a young adult. it's best to find someone in your life soon. i mean, look at your elder sisters. they have already moved on and happily married."

"But what if i don't want to get married? i don't even know the man, father." (Y/n) replied while crossing her arms.

Sighing tiredly, the king gave his daughter pleading eyes, "i know it's hard to accept this, but at least do it for your kingdom.. for me?" stunned into silence, the Sumeru princess thought about how she's the princess. it is her responsibility to do anything that can benefit her kingdom, even if it meant risking her whole future.

"I-I don't know father.. what if he's not a good man?"

Forming a small smile which created some creasing wrinkling around his eyes, "which is why i decided to host a grand ball. inviting many nobles and other royal families to join and enjoy. this will give you a chance to find someone you like."

Biting her lip, (Y/n) looked away from her father and suddenly thought about a certain knight. she doesn't know why he came into her mind when he wasn't even mention or related to the current conversation.

"Just think about the benefits of it, alright? the grand ball will be held next week so be ready. i won't take no as an answer.."

- ✦ -