13

a/n: some character(s) might be ooc so please bare with me 🥲

"Are you crazy? you're leaving Sumeru to go on a search for the princess? what about your training? your duty?"

Following the tall gray haired knight who was getting ready to leave the Sumeru border, one of Al Haitham's acquaintances who was another knight could only look at him with disappointment in his eyes. ever since he was recruited to become a royal knight, the man looked up to Al Haitham.

The reason why was because Al Haitham can easily fight any opponent and win. although he can win from any one on one battle, there's another person from Sumeru who matches his ability. from his strong build and quick movement, Al Haitham has the ability to become a royal captain, but when he was offered to become one, he rejected the offer. why? well if Al Haitham were to accept the idea then that means he has to quit being the princess's royal guard and have to start training the new recruiting knights.

"I am not searching for her so i can bring her back.. i am searching for her so i can be by her side," Al Haitham answered. "so technically, i'm not abandoning my duty."

(R/n) could only sigh as he watch Al Haitham hopped on his horse effortlessly. "when will you come back then? it will be difficult to train without you."

a/n: (R/n) = Random name

Glancing down at (R/n) who looked at him with desperation in his eyes. shaking his head, "all i can is that it's up to the princess," Al Haitham responded.

"Wait wh-?"

Before (R/n) could question any further, Al Haitham was already gone. exiting the border and leaving (R/n) alone with his thoughts.

"Up to the princess?" (R/n) mumbled to himself as he deeply thought about the princess. he had only seen the princess a few times in his life. most people of the Sumeru kingdom has. it was rare to see the beauty due to her always being within the castle walls, but either way, (R/n) could only admit one thing.

The Sumeru princess is truly a sight for sore eyes.

- ✦ -