22

a/n: I KNOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO PUBLISH THIS YESTERDAY, BUT I HAD TO GO TO MY SISTER's CHOIR CONCERT 😭 anyways, HERE-

"Are you cold, princess?"

Sitting around the flaming fire, the two knights and the royal princess decided to rest in the middle of the forest before continuing on with their journey to Sumeru. as of right now, the sun had already left, leaving the white grayish moon awake.

Before (Y/n) could respond to her knight, she already feel a warm coat being wrapped around her shivering shoulders. giving a grateful smile to Al Haitham, the princess leaned against him, giving him almost stiff shoulders from the sudden contact.

Ever since Al Haitham was sure that the princess shared the same love towards him, he has been feeling a bit flustered around her. not in a bad way, but he had never felt this way before towards anyone.. so it was nice to have someone with you that you truly love.

Cyno who sat across from the two just stared at the fire with a bored expression. he didn't really care about the princess's forbidden feeling towards her knight since it wasn't really his business. knowing that (Y/n) will surely takeover the throne, what's the point of stopping the two?

"Cyno, i would like to thank you again for cooperating with us.. i know it must be hard to probably disobey my father and all." (Y/n) softly spoke to the other knight who just deeply hummed in response.

"My only belief is to follow whoever i respect. the ones who prove that they are worthy in this world."

It was then silent as Cyno said that. Al Haitham just stared down at the flaming fire that was reflecting off his teal eyes. (Y/n) continued on nuzzling against the coat that smelled like Al Haitham.

"So what is your plan to become queen?" Cyno broke the silence by asking a bold question to the princess without properly addressing her. (Y/n) who didn't really care how casual he asked, she sighed in thought.

"Honestly, i need to talk to my brother about it and see how he can help me. he once told me that he had no interest on becoming king which infuriated my parents, but it is what it is. i hope my family aren't too upset when i had ran away.. i hope they will still accept me back as their daughter, especially my mother as i had always been a mommy's little girl." (Y/n) said with a sad smile. thinking about her dear mother who would do her hair as a child or would sing her lullabies when she would get scary nightmares.

"I'm sure the king and queen will be happy to have their princess back. knowing that you're alive, they'll be delighted once they see you," Al Haitham reassured while taking a hold of (Y/n)'s freezing hand.

The sweet gesture warmed the princess's heart, thinking about how she could embrace her parents again as well as seeing her beautiful kingdom she calls home.

- ✦ -