Chapter Six: It's A Sin

Vittoria's POV
"Hello Damian. It's me again. I can't imagine how upset you must be with me. I want to apologize to you... Please, call me back."

He must be upset.

I stirred the pot of soup once more making sure to taste it. It's almost perfect. I'm not sure what I'm missing. Whenever Marcelle is visiting, I prepare something he loves. I mostly like his mother's recipes but this soup is just not the same. I turned off the stove.

I dried my hands on a towel. I hope he won't notice how different it is. Maybe if he does he can tell me what I failed to do right. He makes me breakfast in the morning before he leaves. I feel special just to know he thinks of these little details even when he's busy.

"Signorina, sorry to disturb you." One of the bodyguards approached me. "The concierge has called. He's asking if you'll receive a guest."

I'm like a little child when he is coming over. But he wouldn't ask for permission to come up.

"Who is it?"

"Signora Keira Bale."

"Ay! Why is she asking for permission? Send her up! Quick! Quick!" As soon as he left I started looking around. I straightened the pillows quickly and started looking for anything that needs fixing. Signora's house is perfect, not a spoon out if place! "Dio! There's a dirty cup in the sink!"

I ran to the kitchen and i hurriedly washed it and out it away. I polished the marble so that it is much cleaner. I rushed to the mirror to fix myself up. I have no time to dress. Dio! She didn't say she will visit.

I turned abruptly when I heard her laughing with the bodyguards. I took my place right in front of the door. "Too close." I stepped back. "Too far."

I'm sweating.

I returned to the first spot and waited. When the bodyguard opened the door I smiled. "Buonasera Signora!"

"Good evening Vittoria." She offered me a gift bag. "For you."

"Grazi."

She took offer beautiful shoes before looking at me. "May I?"

"You don't have to ask. It's your house too."

"Thank you but it's your house. Aren't you dating the man who owns half of it?" She made her way to the living room. She say down and looked around briefly. "I have to ask. My former daughter in law kicked me out of her house. I can't assume things."

"I will never do that to you Signorina. Would you like tea?"

"Yes please. You know how I like it."

"I remember!"I) I hurried to the kitchen to prepare tea.

I have never thought of Signora as my mother in law. Now that I'm with Marcelle, I see her that way. I'm so nervous and I want to impress her. Her approval meant a lot to me when I was her maid and it means much more now that I am dating her son.

I peeked at my phone when I heard it vibrate.

Marcelle:
Hi honey! Heads-up, my mom is in Manhattan and she wants to have dinner with us. I know it's short notice, we can eat out, don't stress about cooking.

Me:
Ay no! Your mother visits and we eat at a restaurant? No. I cook. She's here already. I start now.

Marcelle:
Are you sure?
I'm at the bakery picking up dessert.

Me:
Grab milk?

Marcelle:
I like this. We sound so domestic.
Kisses. See you in a bit.