Chapter Forty Two: Unexpected

Marcelle's POV
"Okay okay. I'm done now." Maia informed us. We are tired of waiting for her. When I tried to take the ring box back, she refused to let go. "Just one more minute with it. Can I try it on?"

"No!" All my sister's screamed.

"I don't get it. Why can't she try it on?" Verna asked. She's fitting in well with my sisters. I find that strange because my sister's have a culture to huddle together and keep outsiders at an arms length.

"Because when Maia says she wants to try something on, she never gives it back." Ella informed her. "She can't have this."

"Sorry Maia." I closed the ring box. I looked over the airstrip where three private jets are waiting. Vee is a little late. She was with my parents  and my kids when I left. I'm taking a different path. I'm not going straight to Greece. I'm going to Spain to settle something.

"You should get going." Bella pulled me aside. "We will make sure Vee gets to Corfu. You'll be there tomorrow at sunset, right? Right Marcelle?"

"I have to be." I assured her. "I'll be there. I can't pass this opportunity off."

"Be careful. I don't think you should be alone with her. You should let one of us come with you. I'm willing to come with you."

"Thanks but I'll be fine. I have Rocco. I know you guys are really coming excited but I'd it possible that this will remain a secret until I actually propose?"

"I promise I will slap anyone with loose lips. No one is telling Vee anything."

"Thank you Bells." I pressed a kiss on her forehead. "Bye ladies!"

"Bye Marcelle!" They all called back.

"Why are you laughing?" I gave Rocco a light push.

"Your fan club keeps growing." We both looked back at the group of women under the shade of the private jet hanger. All my sisters are here, all Seven of them. Nicole, Verna and MHL are also here. "So it's finally happening. You're putting a ring on it."

"Yeah."

We boarded my private plane. The rest will follow in the two remaining planes.

"So why Ibiza?"

"To set some things straight. Reina needs to know how it will end for her if she hurts Vittoria."

"Reina is past salvation."

"I don't care about her salvation. I care about Vee and I living peacefully and we cannot achieve that if she won't stay in her lane." I looked at my phone as I have been doing since Rocco told me Juan is gone. "He's quiet. Have you heard from him?"

"Not a word."

"That kid has been keeping me awake at night since he was first taken. I really wanted her m to v here today. Rocco..."

"Si jefe?"

"Why was Gian in Ireland after I specifically asked that he gets sent back to London?"

"Marcelle, I know you're upset and worried but trust me, if that seat is vacant, there will be people vying for it. I disobeyed your orders. I think Gian needs this. Let him have it even for a few weeks. I will watch him. I will make sure there's no outside influence."

"I disagree with you. I know my mind may be racing on this but have you forgotten Matt? Have you forgotten how power hungry he got? What if Juan comes back and Gian refuses to leave the godfather's seat? What will happen?"

Rocco sighed deeply.

"Mr Bale, we are about to take off. Please fasten your seat belts." The stewardess informed me.