Chapter Twelve: An Older Friend

Vittoria's POV
"You have a really nice place!" She exclaimed as she stood still at the foyer looking around. "It's a beautiful penthouse. Has it been renovated?"

"I don't know."

"Because it doesn't look as old as building. This is a great rpot." She walked to the window. "Look at the 360° views! You know I used to be a realtor!"

"Like Maia." I noted as I went through the fridge looking for something to serve her.

"Maiara Sinclair?" She peeked into the fridge with me.

"Si."

"Maia is really good at what she does. She's among the wealthiest realtors I know. So..." She took a seat on one of the leather bar stools. "...you are still with him."

After Marcelle told me to decide what to do about our relationship, I was very sad and I called Vienna. She really listened to me and she told me that whatever happens, I can go to her.

"Si. We fixed things."

"I'm glad to know that. I had set up the guest room for you." She smiled at me. There's something so warm and endearing about her that I am falling in love with. She feels motherly. "Though... I know we don't know each other like that but may I ask you something?"

"Si." I prepared the milk for tea.

"Does he love you? I'm asking because men his age, men who have left their wives to pursue younger women do it for other reasons that are not love. Like sex or just to have a pretty trophy. Does Marcelle love you?"

"He hasn't said it yet."

"Hmmm... maybe he will. But he careful dear. So that you're not used."

"He will never do that. He's a good man."

"I would like to meet him."

"Stay for dinner, you meet him."

"Oh no! Not tonight. Tonight my bloody children are coming to Manhattan to harass me. They call it a bloody intervention.  Bloody wonkers!"

I laughed at how she matters to herself. "Another day then."

Marcelle hasn't left yet. He said he will spend the week with me. I'm excited to have him around. I served Vienna the hot cup of tea and another for myself.

"How many children do you have?"

"Four. Vicar, Viola and Verna."

"All have names that start with V like you. It's like Marcelle's family. All have names with M. Wait..." I counted my fingers. "You said four. You have only mentioned three."

She sipped her tea slowly, wrapping her fingers around the cup.

"The fourth one... I gave the fourth one away."

"Why?"

"Because I was trying to save my marriage."

"But giving a child away ruins a marriage. The father.... It wasn't your husbands."

"No."

"Dio! Mi dispiace. I hope I haven't brought up bad memories, si?"

"It's quite all right." She placed her hand on mine. "Vicar is my eldest. He's 38 years old. Then there's Viola. She's 35 years old. Verna is 30 years old. One boy, two girls."

"And how old are you?"

"I'm hitting 60 this weekend and I would love it if you come to London and celebrate with me."

It means she was 22 years old when she had her first born. She was so young. "I have to ask Marcelle."

"Why? You're a grown up. You could just come."