Chapter Twenty Two: Solved

Sofia's POV
I have pulled a graveyard shift and I'm as good as close to death by exhaustion. I just want to go home, take a hot shower and crawl into bed. At least tomorrow is my day off. I think I'll sleep in.

"Hey Sofia!" I craned my neck to look at the group of nurses giggling by the reception desk. One if them is a good friend. "Your father is breaking the internet."

"What do you mean?" I approached them and she showed me the phone.

It's a picture of my father and Vee. They are lip locked. This is not at all surprising to me. I got over the shock of dad dating a girl two years older than me. But the words are something else. It's a real relationship now. She's not just the girl he hangs out with, puts a roof over her head, pays for her college and gives money to. It's a real relationship with a label.

"Creating new memories with the beat to my heart, the skip to my step and my reason for smiling. Vee you are my soulmate, I love you deeply and cheers to us on the start of this solid journey together. I love you."

The phone was snatched back before I got to the thousands of comments. "Listen to this." She cleared her throat. "It was hardly weeks when billionaire Marcelle Balotelli hit the bachelor market after his divorce from Reina St Patrick, a club scene business mogul, than we heard that he had already been snatched up by a girl half his age. While this is not at all surprising for a divorced man of his age, we all have to agree it happened fast. The relationship was immediately labeled questionable and Vee was the gold digger, the girl who wants a social status by linking herself to a man of this stature. It's clear now that this is a labeled relationship and for the first time since we heard this rumour, Marcelle Balotelli has finally spoken on their status putting to rest any ambitious women out there still hoping to cling to him."

"And that's not all!" Another one smiled at me. "Millionaire Reina St Patrick popularly known as a mogul on the club scene was repeatedly tagged in the comment section by 'friends' who were once mutual to the broken up a couple. Her own sister, Queen Renée was the first one to give Balotelli a pat on the back. Reina St Patrick couldn't be reached for comments."

I would say poor Reina but she blew off dad when he tried to resolve things. The child custody battle was the push daddy needed to move on and she pushed him herself.

"Would he consider a reality show? Your father I mean. I would binge watch the hell of that. What is he like?"

The other nurses giggled. "You haven't met my dad?" I asked her.

Sometime ago, probably shortly after the divorce dad dropped into the hospital. He wanted to see me and I introduced almost all my colleagues to him. The introvert in him was frustrated but dad never really needs to say anything. He just needs to pay attention and occasionally smile. The nurses went crazy. They accompanied him around and even walked him to his car. It doesn't help that he is taking better care of himself than he did when he was married so to these women, it's not just that he's physically appealing but rich. Very rich.

"No!"

"Maybe someday he will drop by again. Good night!" I walked away hastily leaving them stalking my father online.

I know he is probably busy on phase one of his honeymoon. I sent him a quick text to congratulate him before I called Lupe. I would like to know how Gio and Neri are holding up. They were not pro martoria.

While Gio is understanding, he would stilo prefer his mother. Nerina doesn't hide her dislike for Vee.

"Sofia!"

"Hi Lupe. How are you?"

"Not so good. Your father can't be reached."

I dropped my bag in the back seat of my car. "What's wrong?"