Chapter Thirty Five: She's Back

Reina's POV
I leaned against the closed door and sighed. I'm tired. I dropped my shoes on the floor, carefully resting my soles on the cool tiled floor. I took a moment before I moved away from the door.

I can't seem to beat the 3am hour. This is the best I can do. It wasn't a problem when I was on my own. It was easier. But with Nerina here, it is feels like a struggle for me to be there all the time. It was easier when Marcelle and I were together. He compensated for my absence.

She's sitting on the steps, dozing off and startling herself back awake. I stood at the base of the steps silently watching her.

Juan and Gian were a product of panic that Marcelle and I will never see each other again. That was when the families wanted to remove him but when Miki got engaged to Annàbella, it solved the problem. Nicolò and Marco were because he wanted more kids. Gio was because he wanted a daughter. And finally Nerina is the baby we both wanted to have. He didn't mind one more. His wish for a daughter came true with Sofia but I also wanted a daughter. If I had my way, I would have had only one child. Just one.

"Mija, I'm home." I informed her. She looked at me with a warm small smile. I sat beside her. "I told you that you don't have to wait up for me."

"I wanted to see you." She leaned into me. I placed a kiss on her head.

"I'm sorry that this isn't working out the way you hoped it would."

"Do you always have to go to work?" She asked me.

"Yes I have to." I answered her. "That's my job."

I may slack off in a lot of things but not the clubs. When Marcelle and I were together, we were collectively billionaires. But his net worth is always higher than mine. I'm not a billionaire. I want to prove that I'm financially able on my own. I foot every bill on my own. I'm significantly noting how fast the money moves. Marcelle gave me a lavish lifestyle. He took care of everything, down to the clothes I wore. I never spent a dime of my money on anything that was a bill or an expense. Now I pay bills and I hate it. So I have to work to sustain the lavish lifestyle I was used to. Now that girl is the one living my life. He's a generous man and there is never a doubt in the world that he knows how to take care of a woman. He is meticulous in his accounting. He had a separate account for me. Everything was automatic. I had a card for that account. I was well taken care of. I never appreciated it then but I do now. He's one hell of a man and I have lost him to that little girl.

"Daddy always makes time for me."

I raised my eyebrow at her. "I'm not your father."

"But you're not even trying!"

"Go to bed."

"Why don't you go back to the club and stay there and never come back!" She screamed at me. She ran off in a fit only to come back. "I want to go back home!"

"Fine. Go pack. You can leave in the morning." I agree that she can't stay here. It's not only that I don't have time for her demands but I'm doing something that I don't want her to be part of.

She stared at me with disbelief in her eyes before she stormed off again. I also went to my room. I want to fall on the bed and fall asleep but I need a shower and coffee of I'm seeing her off.

"Welcome home mi amor." I almost jumped at the sight of the man sitting in the corner holding a glass of alcohol in his hand. "It's an ungodly hour for a woman to come home especially when she had a child in her care."

"Seriously? My house?" I frowned at him.

He got up and stalked my way. His dangerous brown eyes searched my own. "When you ghost me, what do you expect?" He gripped my jaw with his left hand. I'm attracted to strong males. I can't help it. He kissed my lips as savagely as he always does. I tasted the whiskey he has been drinking. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me to straddle him. I tore my lips away. "Ay cariño." He whispered roughly. "Now I can't leave."