Chapter Fifty Two: Bickering Pair

Vittoria's POV
I can confidently say that I'm done!

It all makes sense now and I appreciate Ella's fussing over details because it all looks very elegant. The absence of colour is not at all dull. The gold on white... the gold on black works.

I was scared of using black but like Lupe said, there's no arguement in black and white. Ella agreed to all my decisions without suggesting anything else. We finalized everything and now we are counting down the days before I'm a married woman. The joy within me is hard to contain. It's radiating off me like the sun on a bright summer day! I'm getting married to the most perfect man alive! It's just four more days! Four more!

We are already in Florence. The weather is perfect for the garden wedding we will have. This garden isn't just a small back door garden! The land behind the old charming Mediterranean home is lush with a large well manicured garden. It's too beautiful to be true.

Today, my family is officially meeting Marcelle's family. It's going to be great! Vienna is excited. Viola has urged her not to embarrass our family.

But before we all meet, I have to fix a pending matter.

I'm in Naples. I'm here to see Emilia, hoping that we can both be at peace after this meeting. I don't want to continue with my life knowing very well that I have hurt her or that I'm harbouring resentment.

As far as I can remember, she's the closest thing to a family I used to have. She would pay extra attention to me, reading to me, slipping me that extra slice of bread, the occasional pretty dress, the shoulder I cried on, the closest thing to a mother I had. I love Emilia. I really do. Marcelle told me that negative things said aren't always painful until they come from someone we care about.

Yes, she lied. Yes, She betrayed my trust. Yes, she is the reason I continued to suffer for so many years. But she is  human being and human beings are imperfect. They make mistakes. Sometimes once, sometimes repeatedly. There is peace in forgiveness and I am here to assure her that I have no bad blood.

She is outside, talking to a group of young girls. I checked myself before proceeding further. I wore a long dress at first but decided that I won't pretend. I am wearing one that floats just above my knee. I'm not wearing make up but I'm wearing the red lipstick that Marcella gave to me as a gift.

I looked heavenward and offered a quiet prayer. I want this to go right. I checked my purse for the invitation card. I'm going to invite her to my wedding.

"Emilia."

She turned around quickly. She smiled slightly at first before the smile grew. "Vittoria!" She hugged me tightly."Oh Vittoria! Child! It's you! You're here!"

Tears are spilling from her eyes. I can't help but cry as well.

"It's me." I assured her. We wiped each other's eyes. "It's me."

It took us a moment to compose ourselves before we were settled on the bench we have always sat on. One time it caved and she fell. I remember being worried but she laughed her heart out. We have cried and laughed on this bench.

"This is beautiful." She remarked when she took my hand. The ring is always on my finger. I can't seem to take it off. It's a reminder if Corfù, a place that will always be special to me. It's a reminder that he loves me so much to want to give me his name, to want to share his life with me and make me part of his family.

"It is. Thank you."

"He was serious about you. I hear you are getting married."

"Yes I'm getting married. But before we talk about that, I want to tell you I'm sorry about our fall out."