Chapter Nine: Aged Fine Wine

Vittoria's POV
Aged fine wine.

That is what I heard some women at the fashion show saying about my boyfriend. Aged fine wine. They would love to have a sip of that wine and true enough, the whole night, women kept walking up to him and flirting with him even in my presence. I felt very disrespected even when he tried his best to fix each situation. I wanted to leave the fashion show but he said we should stay because his aunt would find it rude and she would be upset. I stayed but with a lot of frustration in me. I haven't spoken to him since.

It has been five days. He's quiet too. He apologized after the show and told me some things are out of his control and I understand but I'm still upset.

Maia told me that the reason why women stayed away from him when he was married to Reina is because Reina was a shark. No one would dare. Only those crazy enough and they were a few. Enough to be counted in one hand.

I'm not a shark. I don't know how to be one and Maia said I have to be or dating women will always find a way to frustrate my relationship.

Dio!

Aged fine wine.

What did I sign up for?

Insecurities. Uncertainty. Love that hasn't been returned in a year. There's so much to complain about yet I'm not mad at him for any of it. It's just not his fault that women trail him and feel brace enough to ask him out. Sure he declines and puts them in their place but they just keep coming on to him.

Can I live this way?

Mr Dempsey is missing from the scene. I have a new instructor. I hate to think he's dead but what can I expect when the godfather reacted? Marcelle won't have a cup of tea with him and ask him to back off. No. He acted and I feel heavily responsible.

"Dio!" I jumped. "What... What are you doing here?"

Reina stood up with a smile on her face. "You must be Vittoria. We have met once, remember? At the hospital?"

"Si. But why are you here? How did you get in here?"

"Marcelle and I used to spend an occasional visit to Manhattan in this apartment." She looked around fondly. She pointed at a blank wall. "He took down my portrait."

"How did you get in here?"

"Through the door silly!" She smiled.

This is not a good day to deal with his ex wife. I'm tired. I just want to bathe a d go to bed. I will order food. I'm just tired.

"I'm not silly."

"Then stop asking silly questions."

"You are not answering my question. How did you get in here?"

"I have a key. He never changed the locks. The door man knows me. He's my friend. It was easy to get up here."

"He's not here."

"I know." She shrugged. "I'm here to see you. Have a seat. Let's talk."

I dropped my bag. I took off my shoes. I noticed her blood red shoes that match her red lipstick. "He doesn't like shoes in the house. Take them off."

"I think I'll keep them on." She took a seat and crossed one leg over the other. Marcelle's ex wife is what Yuki calls hot. She is not prim and pride like me. She's oozing of confidence. She's beautiful. "How was the fashion show?"

"It was good." I sat on the same sofa but on the edge.

"Was it fun being around the aged fine wine?" She asked me.