Chapter Sixty: Love Me Forever Part 3

Vittoria's POV
Am I simply being stubborn about this documents? I don't know. But he's on the other side of the door with a slight opening between us. They say it's bad lick to see the bride before the wedding. I believe that. I don't know if he does.

"Talk to me mia amore, what's wrong? Marcella said you want to talk."

"It's about this." I slid the papers to him. Instead of him only taking the papers I felt the warmth of his hand slipping over my wrist and my hands, to the tips of my fingers as he took the documents. Sudden heat surged through me at the contact. I retracted my hand.

"What about it?" He asked.

"I think it's not necessary between us."

"This is how marriage in the upper class works. A prenup is as  essential as the how's we will make."

"But I feel it says you don't trust me."

"Can you open the door please?"

"No. You're not supposed to see me before the wedding! It's bad luck."

"I don't believe in that." He gently pushed the door open. His dark blue eyes lightened up quickly when he saw me. From the hem of the beautiful gown all the way up to my eyes,he took me in with a smile. "You look beautiful Vittoria. I can't wait to marry you." He closed the door gently. "Can I steal a kiss?"

"No. Let's kiss after we are wed."

"Hmmm... it will be sweater. Won't it?"

"Yes it will." I smiled at him. He looks as good as he always looks in suits.

"Before I was born, my father was married to Maddie's mother. He got into the marriage without a prenup as much as my great grandmother insisted on it. His ex wife ended up taking almost everything he had. He lost Bale Industries. He lost everything. Ever since that terrible experience, he insists on a prenup as his standard. If you don't sign this, he will make sure there is no wedding today."

No wonder even the men marrying his daughters were asked to sign a prenup. "I see."

"It's not that I don't trust you. I trust you explicitly. I won't disrespect my father's wishes. You must sign this if we ate to proceed. If you need me to sign something, arrange for it immediately after the wedding and I'll sign it."

I took the documents from him. I walked over to the table and bet over a little to sign them. I read them and sadly, I didn't understand part of it. I'm not a lawyer but I trust him to take care of me.

When I turned to pass it to him he pressed his lips against mine. The warmth of his hands can be felt through the corseted waist of my dress. Our lips slid in perfect harmony until he had his fill. He pulled away gently.

"One more thing."

"What is it?"

"You said I dint know you. What did you mean by that?"

"You want to talk about it right now?"

"Yes. Right now."

He sighed deeply with his eyes steadily on mine. "Do you want to sit down?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Okay. My parents raised me right. They taught me the difference between right and wrong ad many parents do. But my father also taught me that sometimes, we don't play by the rules set by society. Our place in the Mafia wasn't by choice. He felt the need to make the power because our lives were at risk. He did it to protect us. His intention was always that I succeed him. But when I met Italia... I changed my mind."