Chapter Fifty One: The Mothers

Marcelle's POV
"Should I be concerned?"

"Why would you be?" She pushed her sun glasses back away from her eyes to the top of her head.

"Second time I'm seeing you in a span of less than a week. What do you want Reina?"

She smiled warmly, the kind of smile she used to give me back when we were young and in love. I think we were in love. I know I used to love her like a mad man. It's that smile.

She moved away from her car, scantily dressed as usual. She looks like a teenager but with a face of an adult. Kudos to her for staying so sexy even after six kids.

"Good morning papi. It's nice to see you."

I looked over my shoulder at the house.  When the gate informed me that she's here, I wasn't sure what to make if this visit. But Nerina is leaving tomorrow so she's probably here to say goodbye.

"What do you want?"

"Slow down for a moment. Don't be so quick to rush the concession. Can't we just have small talk?"

"I hate small talk."

"A trip down memory lane?" She asked me.

"What do you want Reina?" This is the third time I'm asking her and she won't answer.

"I was a total bitch to you. I know that. I'm sorry."An apology from mother and daughter within the same week? Will it rain milk from heaven too? "To be honest, I miss you and I was just thinking of how good it was when we were together. Remember?"

The sex was fucking awesome! But that's the only thing we did so well. We clashed and disagreed on everything else. Why can't she remember the chaos? Her telling me she hates me seven times? Why can't she remember how things spiralled out of control after we lost Juan Carlos?

"No I don't remember us being good together."

She frowned at me. "I know it's none of my business but does she satisfy you? You know the thing about an experienced partner is that you get full satisfaction. But here you are, fumbling around a little girl, still teaching her how to please you." She got closer. "I know you papi. I know how to make you groan out in pleasure. I know what gets you hard in a heartbeat. I know you love it when your neck is kissed, especially that's spot just between the base of your neck and your shoulder..."

I caught her wrist before she could touch my neck.

"Si papi..." She's purring with intent. "...how you used to pin my wrists above my head and -"

"I'm marrying Vittoria in five weeks and one day. All those memories, I'll do to her double time. I don't like to share. You have already been with one too many men for me to even want you."

"Ouch." She stepped back, leaning against her car. She crossed her arms over her chest, looking towards the house. "I always loved California. I remember asking you if you want to live here and you said you hate it."

I hate California. I hate it because if the fake lifestyles. Everything is a competition. Paparazzi are crazier than they are in Italy. I hate the heat. I'm here because when my life fell apart, I wanted to come home to my parents. I regressed into a little child running into his mother's arms for comfort. I wasn't going to move in, so I bought a house and I stayed for the moral support.

"I changed my mind."

"Why are you sending Nerina to a boarding school? Are you fed up of being a father to my children? Maybe you want to start a new family and you don't want Nerina in the way?"

"Nerina has behavioral issues. She's disobedient. She's a bully. She's doesn't know what accountability means. These are things you should know about her. So it's either you approve of her behavior or you are ignorant."