Chapter Forty Three: Red Part 1

Vittoria's POV
There are dreams that feel real. They are so real that they do not feel like dreams. I have already pinched myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming about this moment... the moment when he out this ring in my finger. I can feel the weight of the ring. It is real. It looks too expensive. Is it possible for something to look too expensive?

Si.

This one. It can end world hunger. Dio! Where did he get it? How much did he spend? I hope not too much.

"That is definitely real!" Yuki snatched my hand. "Damn Vee! Look at you!"

Tatiana snatched my hand too. "Can I borrow it one day when I want to flaunt?"

"Move!" As small as she is Lettie pushed them apart to take my hand. She sighed and smiled at the same time. "Dios mios chica! This right here is proof that this man will give you the moon if you ask. An entire continent even."

"He loves me." I nodded. "So much! I am overwhelmed."

I fanned my face and started crying. I'm not sad. I'm just too happy to even sit still. I excused myself to have a moment to process what just happened. Out there,the party is in full swing! Wedding ideas are already being thrown around. This is happening. It's real.

"Sit down." Yuki helped me sit on the bench just beside the floor to ceiling windows facing the fire pit where everyone is. "Breathe. You're okay Vee."

"Is it shock? Why are you crying? If someone proposed to me I would be down there drinking vodka and singing my heart out!" Tati told us.

I found myself laughing at how she's already dancing and twirling around.

"I think she's drunk." Yuki noted.

"Already?" Lettie asked. "It's not even midnight."

"Sit down before you break something!" Yuki reprimanded her. "You don't have a rich boyfriend to pay for it."

"I don't need a rich boyfriend. I am a walking bank vault on my own. Just saying."

"Whoa Tati! Flaunting much?" Lettie asked her.

"But it means nothing without love. Vee you're so lucky!" Tati ended the twirling. She came to sit at my feet.

The four us shared some comfortable silence. It's a sobering moment. He has put a ring on my finger that is as good as a wedding ring. He means business. We are not just dating anymore. We are set to marry.

"I wish Sherry was here." I sighed.

"She would be comparing Kei's sapphire with your diamond." Yuki informed me.

"I totally agree." Lettie added.

"Kei's sapphire? Kei has a sapphire?" Tati asked.

We all stared at her. "That ring is the reason I lost my job working for her!" I told her.

"That ring is the ring of rings." Lettie sighed.

"I love Kei's sapphire but have you ever seen the Freya Nora diamond?" Yuki asked. "I saw it at on Mina Harrington's finger and I was like whoa! Now that's the kind of ring I want to wear some day! That thing is a classic!"

"This is the it ring." Tati took my hand again. "Kei's sapphire and the Fiona diamond-"

"Freya Nora diamond." Yuki emphasized slowly.

"I'm drunk. If I call you Yasmin don't get mad at me." Tati rolled her eyes. "Vee, you're so lucky!"

"The luckies girl alive!" Verna and Viola joined us. "She's my sister!"