Chapter Thirteen: The Sister

Vittoria's POV
This place is making my neck ache and I haven't even been here ten minutes. There's much to notice. Art work, sculptured statues, diamond chandeliers, the good details on the walls and the painted ceiling. It looks like clouds and floating angels. It's beautiful.

I rubbed my neck and returned Marcelle's smile. "Dio! There's so much to look at! It's like a museum."

"I should take you to Carperia, where they come from. Then your neck will really hurt." He smiled at me.

"You have a king for a friend. You just know many people."
He laughed softly. "I'm nervous to be here. Do I look nervous?"

"Yes you do. Try your best to relax. Just remember that I have your back and if you feel uncomfortable, we can leave."

I gave his hand a squeeze. It's very kind of him to make that sacrifice especially because he says he hasn't seen his friend in a while. We stopped at the top of the steps where several double doors line the hallway. There is laughter coming from one of the rooms. Marcelle rubbed circles around my back before we both stopped forward. Two guards opened the door for us.

The laughter in the living room died down when they saw us. Six pairs of eyes looked out way. I recognize all of them except the girl. I saw three at the hospital, the day Marcelle asked me to accompany him to the hospital. Their sister was in bad condition. I know Ella and her husband.

"Ese!" The man stood up with a big smile on his face. "I'm glad you came!" He exchanged a fist bump with Marcelle. "And now has come the time for a formal introduction."

He has a deep voice,the kind my girlfriends would call sexy. I can't help but smile at him.

"Rafa, this is Vittoria." Marcelle made the introduction.

"It's an honor." He shook my hand.

Ethan also came to greet us. With him it's easy. He's very nice.  Ella gave me a big hug and a lot of kisses. And now, these two who are just staring at me. They are seated together. I know who the queen is. It's the taller one.

"Are you two going to be rude all night or what?" Rafa asked them.

"Hi." The shorter one waved at me briefly and turned away to sip her drink.

The queen stood up and approached me with a warm smile. "Hi. I'm Renée. We haven't officially met, have we?"

"No." I answered. "Your majesty."

"There's no need to call me that." She assured me with a small smile. When she paid attention to Marcelle she punched him playfully. "Dude! You're buff!"

"He has to up his game!" Rafa teased.

"Come sit down." Ella took my hand. We both sat down on one sofa. Marcelle sat beside me and Ethan beside Ella. On the other side, the woman who isn't even looking at me and Rafa. He whispered something to her and she smiled. I don't think she likes me.

"Why are you all alone in that corner?" The king is back. He's talking to the girl I don't know. He reached for her hand. "Have you said hi to my friends?"

"No I haven't." She spoke softly.

"Marcelle, remember Nas?"

"How can I forget her?" He got on his feet to give her a hug. I also stood up and shook hands with her. She's beautiful. She looks a little like her mother.

"Nas, Vee. Vee, Nas." Her father pointed.

"It's a pleasure." She smiled shyly. "Daddy, may I be excused?"

"Don't leave the consulate." He kissed her cheek fondly. "Love you."

"Love you too. Bye mom."

"Bye!" She called out. "He gets "Love you too and I get bye mom. Charle, does Ramona treat you like that?"