Chapter Twenty Nine: Welcome Home

Marcelle's POV
It's strange that space between Nerina and I is helping our relationship. She texts me everyday. Sometimes she sends pictures of herself in Ibiza. She is having fun with her mother.

"She's sending them to you to make you miss the idea of the three of you together." Lupe told me.

"Possibly." Reina is fun. There's no dull moment with her. "But that ship already sank." I locked my phone.

"You must miss her."

"Reina?"

"No. Nerina."

"I do. She's my piccola mia." I sighed heavily. "But it's good that we have some space between us right now."

"It's also an opportunity for Vee to settle in, right? The children you have left won't make a fuss."

This summer it will just be Gio, Vee and I. Nicolò and Marco are spending summer in Florence, at the vineyard. They will be working for Miki for three months. After that, it's every summer until they are eighteen. Then I'll start including them in Bale Industries. By then Gio will be old enough to also join Bale Industries if he wants to. They are all growing up and in four or five years, it will be just Vee and me.

"No they won't." I agreed. "Breakfast was great, thank you."

She snapped her fingers for the maid's under her authority to clear the table.

"Which room should we prepare for her?"

"There's no need. She will be sleeping with me." I answered. Lupe batted her eyes at me. She wants to make a bad joke. "Don't."

"No! You have to let me say it!" She pleaded.

"Say it."

She covered her mouth. "It's a naughty joke. I won't say it. But, I'm happy for you. Just keep it down. You won't be the only ones in the house and please, only in your room. If you dare desecrate the kitchen... Marcelle I swear I will whoop both of you!"

"Come on! Mom and dad used to desecrate the kitchen all the time! The counters have to be christened."

"I better not find proof!"

"You won't find it. Maybe you'll hear it." I chuckled. "By the way, Vee is hands on. She is probably going to run this house."

Lupe raised her eyebrow at me. "She's hands-on? She can be hands-on all over you, not my house. When I run a house,I do it like a dictator. Ask Kei. She gave up."

They will clash. Vee is stubborn when she believes her way of doing things is right. She also believes that the way she does things is the best in terms of managing a home.

"All the best, I won't meddle." I will distance myself from it.

"I don't back down."

"I know." I agreed. "Did you guys clear the left side of the closet?"

"It's all clear." She answered. "How many guests are we having over for dinner?"

"Marcella's family and my parents." I answered.

"Eight and six... I'll set up sixteen places. I better go and run my kitchen."

The emphasis got me laughing. Their flash will be hilarious. I can't wait to see who wins. Lupe has years of experience in n bullying her way.

In a few minutes, Vee will be here and I'm beyond that excited.

It will be the second time I'm having her at my house. I have separated my relationship with her from my family for long enough. I'm certain about where our relationship is heading. It's safe to bring her into my family so that my children can be part of her life. It's time that it all comes together especially because I intend to marry her by the end if this year. She's moving in and I cannot contain my excitement.