Chapter Twenty Six: In Marseilles Part 2

Vittoria's POV
"Hey you deaf bags of bones!" She shouted at the top of her voice while clapping. "She's here!" She grabbed me and shook me violently. "The little bambina as he calls her is here!"

She nudged me forward.

Marcelle's family and friends are endless.

"Naila Harrington. Cole Harrington." She pointed.

"Hello." I shook hands with them but the man gave me a hug.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Vittoria."

"Si. The pleasure is mine." I smiled at him.

"That's enough honey, your heart will stop. Sit down." The woman told him.

"I wasn't doing anything."

"Do you want a bucket for your drool?"

The whole room burst out laughing. They continued bickering as Bea Bianca dragged me to the next pair. "The hosts, Coleen and Theo."

"It's a pleasure, thank you for hosting us."

"I love your accent." She took my hands. "Nick, you finally got what you wanted! An Italian girl for your son. She's about as authentic as it gets. How old are you?"

The whole room paid attention.

"Old enough. Leave her alone." Marcelle intervened.

Bea Bianca pointed at the next couple. She didn't take me close to them. "Bruce and Dani."

I parted my lips but somehow, now words are available to be said. The woman reminds me of the queen. Could it be her parents? Dio! I immediately looked at Marcelle ti save me from this awkwardness but the woman beat him to it when she got up and approached me. She offered her hand. "I'm Dani."

"I'm Vittoria signora."

"There's no need to feel awkward Vittoria. There are things that are out of everyone's control. Come meet my husband." She isn't asking. Her hand is already leading me towards the man with a very serious expression. His green eyes are just like Reina's only that hers are playful. "Bruce, Vittoria."

He got on his feet.

"It's s pleasure to meet you." He shook my hand. He looked at Marcelle who is still leaning against the arched entry with his arms across his chest. He gave Marcelle a nod. Is it approval?

"The pleasure is mine Signor."

"And now that the awkwardness is out of the way, I have to make fun of you Bruce! Remember Dani was 16 and you were 32 when you two met?"

"Bea, why? Why do you have to go there?" A man with a similar accent asked.

"Because it's funny how history repeats itself."

"Go do something constrictive." He pushed her away. "I'm Marc Anthony. That young man over there is my nephew. I have a few embarrassing stories about him I want to share with you."

"Uncle Tony, come on! On day one?"

"It's payback. You don't call, you don't visit and you leave me with no choice."

"The tour isn't done." Bea Bianca snatched me from her husband. "Your in laws. You obvious know them so let's just skip them." Nick and Keira laughed. "This is Katya and Ferrer."

"It's an honor." I shook their hands.

"Now I have embarrassing stories about him to tell you. Mine are better than Tony's."

"You're stealing my thunder Bea."

"What thunder? You stole those stories from me."

"But you're an absentee aunt!"