Chapter 64

"It was a bad idea."

"It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect. I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die," Stiles explained.

A group of them were huddled in Deaton's animal clinic, trying to come up with a plan to find the Nemeton. Lydia and Max had found out that Derek's mom had taken his and Peter's memories about the Nemeton, because she didn't want her brother or son going there again. So that had kinda been a dead end and now they were essentially back to square one.

"Wait. Your dad and Gerard went there once but they told me they couldn't remember where it was," Lilith paced the floor in a manner almost identical to Stiles.

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked, irritated m. People were going to die if they didn't do something soon. He couldn't risk losing Melissa and Chris. They were the closest thing to a mother and father figure that he had.

The room fell quiet as they all looked to Deaton for guidance. "There might be a way. But it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott."

                                      ~

Jade waved her hand, the three bathtubs filling up to the top with ice cold water. That way was quicker than doing it by hand. A wave of déjà vu washed over her from the last time they had been in a similar situation. The outcome of that day hadn't been a very positive one. Their plan was risky- very risky. Scott, Allison and Stiles would have to be submerged into water, essentially becoming surrogate sacrifices for their parents, with the hopes of finding them.

"What did you bring?" Deaton asked the teenagers. He didn't exactly like the idea, but sometimes you had to do things that would be worth it for the end result.

"I got my dad's badge," Stiles held the golden piece of metal up, twisting it around his fingers. It reflected off of the lights, casting a shadow on the wall behind him. "Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. It still doesn't look great."

"As long as it has meaning. That's the main objective."

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac interrupted, pointing to the thing that Allison kept on fidgeting with.

"Yeah, my dad made it as kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning the skills to be hunters, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the Code," she smiled softly at the memory of her dad filling her in about when she'd get to forge her silver bullet. She'd personally prefer making something to do with archery; it would come in handier, considering that was her choice of weapon

Lilith shuffled nervously on her feet, finding great interest in the heels she was wearing. Suddenly, the silver bullet in her jacket felt as if it weighed her down by ten tonnes.

"Scott?" Deaton asked.

His head snapped up, his hand revealing a golden watch with brown straps. "My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked."

"Okay. The three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back. Someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether. Jade, will you go with Allison?"

The girls smiled reassuringly at each other, both trying to tell the other it would be okay. Neither of them believed it.

"Max, with Stiles. And Scott with Isaac." Deaton nodded to the pairs who started to get prepared. He was happy with who he'd paired together, confident that they could pull the other one back. They all had a strong connection with each other, either romantic or platonic.