-Paradox-

"I'm so sorry..." Marinette groaned, hiding her face in her hands. She had just heard devastating news-- how much she had embarrassed herself while being drunk. Adrien didn't tell her all of the details, but he did tell her that she tried to seduce him. Which was why most of her clothing was on the floor... MOST.

The two were currently sat a booth in a breakfast diner. Adrien had kindly offered to pay, but Marinette felt that she was obligated to after he took care of her like he was some babysitter. However, she didn't have her wallet, so she sighed in defeat and allowed him to pay. "I'm gonna buy us something next time." Marinette said definitely.

"Fine by me, princess. I'm just glad you're okay with there being a next time." Adrien said, a smirk curling across his lips as he chugged down his orange juice. Marinette giggled as she watched him shamelessly gobble up all his food. It just seemed so... Unlike him. However, she thought it was adorable and that it even suited him.

After Marinette finished up her chocolate chip pancakes, the two left the diner shortly after. Luckily enough, her purse was left on one of the ping pong tables. Her phone and dorm room keys were still there, there were several missed calls and text messages from Luka.

9:43 p.m. -You forgot to text me! :-(

10:52 p.m. -Marinette are you okay?

11:34p.m. -You're starting to worry me...

*missed call

*missed call

*missed call

10:36 a.m. -Okay that's it I'm coming.

Marinette's eyes widened, but before she could even begin to type her phone died. She frowned, of course this would happen. "You alright Marinette?" Adrien asked thoughtfully, she smiled and nodded. "Yeah just, my phone died before I could respond to my parents." The bluenette answered, feeling guilty for lying.

"Oh okay, let's head back then." Adrien said, a small smile forming on his lips. Marinette felt her chest tighten as his genuine kindness.

They needed to beat Luka to her dorm room. How did he know which dorm room she was? Oh yeah... He drove her home from the bar when Adrien hooked up with that girl. The thought of it was slightly upsetting but Marinette shook it off before heading back to the campus.

***

"Why the fuck is he here?" Adrien asked with distaste lingering in voice. Marinette looked to the side, "L-luka?" The blue eyed boy stared at the phone in her hand. Her slender fingers wrapped around the pretty case. "Why didn't you answer me?" He asked, Marinette swore she could see the hurt in his eyes and she immediately felt guilty.

"S-sorry! My phone was dead when we grabbed my purse at the party." She said, but he was already angry. "Marinette I was worried about you! You went to a college party, and with Adrien of all people!" Luka spoke, raising his voice and emphasizing the blondes' name. Adrien frowned and crossed his arms, "What do I have to do with it?" He asked, and Luka scoffed.

"Oh please, don't think I forgot about your little encounter with that girl at the bar."

Adrien tensed a little, if he was hurt, he definitely had a great way at hiding it. "Luka, if it wasn't for Adrien, I probably would have still been passed out at the party. He helped me and-" before another syllable could escape the bluenette's lips, she was rudely interrupted. "If it wasn't for Adrien, you wouldn't have been at the party in the first place."

When Adrien witnessed the close proximity Luka was from Marinette, an uncontrollable anger spiked up inside of him. He pushed Luka back, away from Marinette, and got in his face. "Get the fuck out of here, Luka. Marinette clearly doesn't want you here, and neither do I."

Marinette grabbed Adrien's arm- just like at the party- and gave him a pleading look. "Just stop it, both of you!" She shouted, pushing them away from each other. They both stared at her with a frown, "Why? I'm not scared of him. He's a fucking model, he's not gonna want bruises on his precious skin." Luka challenged, sarcasm laced within the end of his sentence.

"Wanna bet?" Adrien spoke ferociously. Marinette pinched the bridge of her nose, clearly frustrated with the two immature idiots beside her. "This isn't going to solve anything- you guys are acting like toddlers fighting for a piece of candy." Marinette retorted, catching their attention.

"I'm not some prize to be won." She spoke definitively, satisfied with the silence they both offered. "Luka, I'm so sorry. I was being super irresponsible. But Adrien had nothing to do with it, and I'd really appreciate it if you apologized to him." Marinette said, looking up at into his seemingly disappointed face.

"He should be the one apologizing, he's definitely not getting one from me." Luka said, and Adrien rolled his eyes. "Well maybe if you weren't such a fuckass, I would." The blonde retorted making Marinette groan. Obviously, those two weren't going to get along. "Why don't we just all go back home, yeah?"

Adrien smirked, "Yeah, I can just walk down the hall." He said, as if it was some sort of reminder that he was still incredibly close, unlike Luka. "You know what? You're right. I can just call you later, Marinette." Luka said back, as if it was a reminder that he had her number, unlike Adrien. Marinette was growing more furious by the second.

"Great. Ill walk you out." Marinette said, pushing Luka away from Adrien. "I don't know how you can stand him!" Luka said, "Why are you even friends with him?" Marinette sighed and looked to the side. "Adrien's a really nice guy, Luka... maybe not all the time but- I was really hoping you'd be able to see that side of him."

Marinette looked up into his crystal blue eyes, giving him a disappointed look. They were standing next to his car in the middle of the parking lot. "That's highly doubtful Marinette, but...
I am sorry for coming over here and getting so upset. I should've let you explain. I just saw you with him and I... I blew up." Luka admitted, grabbing her shoulders.
"You seen like such an awesome person, I'd hate it if anything ever happened to you."

Marinette smiled, "Don't worry about it, it was all just a misunderstanding. I'll be more careful from now on." She said softly, as he pulled her into a hug. She patted his back, "I'll see you later, Luka." He nodded and got into his car, shutting the door and waving before he drove off.

Marinette allowed a sigh to escape her lips, walking back into the building. When she arrived back at her dorm, Adrien was waiting outside of her door. She furrowed a brow, "Is everything okay?" The bluenette asked thoughtfully.

Adrien rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I just wanted to say... I'm sorry if I upset you." He said softly, "He got so close to you and- I know that you can handle yourself, Marinette- but it just made me so angry that he'd get in your face like that. I know you're not some prize to be won..."

His emerald eyes met her blue bells, sincerity written all over his handsome features. "I'd hate if anything ever happened to you... That's why I get so protective. I know you only see me as a friend, and I'm glad that I can be there for you as a friend. But I want to let you know now, that you mean so much more than that to me. I've never felt this way about anyone..."

"Until I met you."