-Chamomile-

Marinette's thin fingers eagerly wrapped around the steaming mug of chamomile tea. Her freshly manicured nails gracing the sides of the cup as she stared outside of her window. A small smile occupied her lips as she listened to the sound of the rain. The sound of every individual drop hitting the roof tile put her mind at ease, as she indulged in the warmth her cozy little apartment provided.

Her blue eyes travelled to the fog outside of the window, puddles collecting in the unfilled potholes left in the street. There was a stream of water running down the road, forming in any cracks and creases in the cement. She was so distracted and lost in her thoughts, the fact that it was Adrien's birthday had finally left her mind.

She had powered off her phone, unplugged the television and internet router, and there was no billboard in sight.

A gasp escaped her lips at the loud knock at the door. Her eyes widened, who the hell could be knocking? She did power off her phone... so it could either be Luka or Alya. She groaned after rolling her eyes, placing her mug of tea on the wooden coffee table and making her way over to the front door.

"Who is it?!" She asked, obviously annoyed. She peeked through the peep hole on her wooden door, her pupils dilating.

What. The. Fuck.

Her initial reaction was to frantically swing open the door due to the poor blond being soaked in rain, but when she opened it they both froze at the sight of each other. She had so many questions- yet she remained speechless.

His hair seemed more pale than usual- probably due to the fact that there was no sunlight reflecting off of his golden locks. She could see his defined frame through his soaked black button up shirt, and then her eyes met his.

Everything was quiet.

They both stared at each other with a consuming sincerity, neither of them moving an inch. It was grey behind him, rain coating the pavement and the only thing that stood out was his forest green eyes. Her blue eyes stood out in the warmth of her apartment. The thunder rumbled, interrupting their intense focus on each other.

"W-what are you doing here- I mean- how did you know where I lived!?" The bluenette reasonably demanded.

Adrien realized he looked like a complete idiot.

He tried to think of something to break the tension. "...so... no birthday kiss?"

He was met with the door slamming in his face. "That's fair." He spoke softly, and Marinette placed her back against the door from the other side, slowly sliding down. His voice made her insides tingle. Her flushed cheeks were proof of that. She closed her eyes as her eyebrows knitted together.

"What are you doing here, Adrien!? Go home!" She exclaimed, yet deep down she wanted him to stay. Adrien leaned against the other side of the door. "No. I'm not leaving you again." He spoke, his words slightly muffled.

"Adrien you sound like a stalker!"

"Well I don't care, okay!? Look it doesn't matter how I got here... but don't you wanna know why I'm here?" He was surprised when she opened the door, crossing her arms.

"Look if you let me in... if you let me back in, I will never hurt you like I did again. I'm so sorry-" his voice cracked at the end of his sentence, his heart felt heavy as tears began to form in his eyes. "I know nothing I can say will ever make up for it- there's no excuse. I should've just fucking talked to you... and I regret it everyday."

"But I love you... I still, love you Marinette and I don't think I'll ever stop."

Her eyes watered, biting her pink lip as the tip of her nose reddened. She was at the brink of tears. She felt like she couldn't allow herself to fall for him so stupidly again. He really hurt her, but after all this time... she still loved him too. Every fiber in her being knew that.