Chapter 7

" Hey Naruto and Sayuri, it's time to pack up!" Jiraiya said

"We are leaving Ero-sennin?" Naruto asked as he created a clone and dispelled it to let the other clones know to dispel in a group of ten in every ten minutes.

" Yes Naruto, it has been a year since we left for the training trip and you have come along a long way. I would estimate your level to be firmly at Jonin level while having some of your skills bordering on Kage-level. All you lack now is experience on which we will be working on for the rest of your trip while still working on your skills." Jiraiya said as Naruto and sayuri packed up their tent.

" So , where will be going?" asked Naruto

"I have just received information about a base of Orochimaru located at off the coast of Nami no Kuni (Land of Waves), so we will be going there to investigate." Jiraiya said, while Naruto understood what this really was about. While Konoha had not immediately retaliated against Orochimaru for Konoha crush due to the loss of lives of various shinobi as well as the Sandaime Hokage and the damage done to the infrastructure of the village. There was also the fact that the Sandaime didn't have any clear successor which further slowed down the recovery process.

Jiraiya had been given an order by Tsunade to focus his spy network on finding Orochimaru and his various bases across the elemental nations and if possible eliminate them, since Akatsuki wouldn't be making their move for three years.

Next Day

Land of Waves

It took a day of travel from their location to reach Nami no Kuni (Land of Waves).

" These brings some memories back." Naruto said as he saw the Great Naruto Bridge with a fond smile.

" Yay I know Naru kun " Sayuri said.

" Really?" asked Jiraiya

"This is the place I and my team completed its first A-rank mission. I think even the Sannin would smile upon remembering his first A-rank mission." Said Naruto

"My first A-rank mission was really long ago." Said Jiraiya

"That is obvious, given your age." Said Naruto with a grin while Jiraiya gave him a mock-glare

"Well, at least my first A-rank mission was a lot better than you." Jiraiya stated, and it was true while still young, his first A-rank mission was a lot better than Naruto.

" Because your sensei may be teach you more " Sayuri said as Jiraiya nodded his head and nodded.

They reached the south region of Nami no Kuni (Land of Waves) in the middle of night so decided to set up camp and continue their journey during the day.

Konohagakure no Sato

Hokage Training ground

Tsunade was currently sparring with one of her latest apprentice Hyuga Hinata who impressed her during the medic-nin program, with the use of her Byakugan and knowledge of healing cream, even creating some of her own. Tsunade always also wanted the Hyuga to involve themselves in the medical field due to the potential of the Byakugan.

It has been six months since she took Hinata as her apprentice and she couldn't have gotten a better one. Tsunade had started to teach Hinata the basics of her super strength only a month ago and Hinata had already made significant progress. Tsunade also helped Hinata with her confidence issues in which Hinata had made progress too. Hinata was still soft-spoken but no longer stuttered unless the topic was Naruto, which amused Tsunade but also made her happy that Naruto had such a nice girl who liked him.

"That's enough Hinata" Tsunade said after she kicked her, while Hinata flipped mid-flight and took the standard Juken while panting.

"Hai shishou" Hinata said, as she activated Shosen Jutsu (Mystical Palm Technique) to heal herself

"You are dismissed for today Hinata; we will continue your training tomorrow." Tsunade said as she and Hinata shushined to their respective locations, Tsunade to the Hokage Tower and Hinata to the Hyuga compound.

Hokage Tower

Hokage Office

Tsunade was diligently working on her paperwork as well as finding a way to lessen the power of the civilian council. For a hundredth time Tsunade cursed her great-uncle, Tobirama Senju, the Nidaime Hokage for creating the council as well as her sensei, Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Sandaime Hokage, for giving them much leeway during his second tenure. While Tsunade had succeeded to take away the leeway given by her sensei, she had been unable to lessen their power.

On paper the idea of the council was an excellent one, as it acted as a power-check on the Hokage but with time the councillors grew more corrupted particularly the civilian side and wanted to get them involved in Shinobi affairs. They got their wish after the Kyuubi attack since the Sandaime was busy with the repair work, the civilian councillors along with the elders passed some laws, making the involvement of civilian council necessary, by convincing the Fire Daimyo. Tsunade had set up an appointment with the Daimyo to fix this during the final stage of the joint Chunin exams hosted by Suna and Konoha, which would be held in Sunagakure no Sato (Village Hidden by Sand) that would start in six months.

Next Day

Hokage Tower

Tsunade was diligently working on finishing her paperwork when Shizune entered her office carrying a huge file of paperwork while Tsunade glared at the stack of papers Shizune placed on her desk.

"Tsunade-sama, the elders are calling for you at the council chambers for a council meeting."

"Who called this meeting?"

"I don't know for sure Tsunade-sama, but I believe it was the elders."

Tsunade sighed hearing this as they want there uchiha training and try me to accept has they Marriage contact.

---------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the chapter

I hope you enjoyed the chapter

Bye guys