Chapter 37

Sunagakure no Sato

On the ground, Kankuro, Baki, and several other ninjas were looking up at the giant sphere of sand next to the smaller one; it was clear the Kazekage was fighting.

"From looking at the shape, we can assume that Kazekage-Sama's opponent is Akatsuki," Baki said as the ninja gathered around him and Kankuro. All of the ninjas were staring at the battle, looking unsure of what to do when faced with an opponent who could remain airborne.

"It's just as I thought," Kankuro said as his hands turned into fists. The minute he had seen the giant wave of sand coming from the desert, Kankuro figured that the Akatsuki had somehow snuck into their village and that Gaara was battling them.

"Hurry and prepare for battle! We're going to assist the Kazekage! " Baki said as he began to order their forces, "Medical teams set up a barrier!" as the ninja started to follow Baki's orders, said ninja turned to look at Kankuro, "Kankuro...."

Kankuro turned to look at Baki, "what is it?"

"We need to consider what will happen if Gaara loses control and Shukaku comes out again," Baki said solemnly. While Jonin had faith in Gaara's abilities and did not want to consider that this could happen, he felt it would be best for the village if they thought t all variables.

"That won't happen," Kankuro shook his head, "Gaara won't harm the people of this village."

Flashback

" I didn't want to say this, but I think this is one of your craziest ideas," Kankuro said to Gaara, staring at the desert. "Our superiors don't like you, and the village is deathly afraid of you. By separating from us and trying to involve yourself with the regular shinobi like this... it's going to be hard." He looked at his brother, who just stared at the desert; he was unsure what to think when Gaara told him he wanted to integrate himself into the standard shinobi forces. Though he knew Gaara had changed since the failed invasion of Konoha, hell, the first conscious words that came out of his brother's mouth was an apology for everything he had done to him and Temari. He knew his brother wanted to change the way he was looked at, but he still didn't think this was a good idea.

Gaara was silent momentarily as he listened to Kankuro, "I know, but by just waiting, I get attacked by even greater anguish. All one can do is create his path through hard work without being a loner and taking the easy path." Gaara fell silent momentarily as he tried to put what he wanted to say into words, "someday I hope to be like him...." Kankuro stayed silent as he listened to Gaara, knowing whom he was speaking of. "So that's why I, as one of the sands shinobi, aim to be Kazekage, to bond with and live for this village."

"Gaara," Kankuro said, awed by how much his brother had truly changed after his battle with that orange-clad shinobi. It was one of the things Kankuro would have never thought possible, that some boy whom no one had thought much about and seemed to be the dead last of his graduating class could beat not only Gaara but also say something that fundamentally changed the young redhead.

"Through hard work, I want to be respected by everybody; I got that from Naruto Uzumaki. But until now, bonds have been nothing more than an annoyance to the point that I would want to kill everything. But when I fought Naruto, he told me he gained strength by 'protecting his precious people' because they gave him a reason to exist. I saw that strength for myself and felt I could understand what he meant better. Hate, sadness, and even happiness, to be able to share these things with another person," Gaara looked out at the desert with a contemplative look. "I learned that with my fight with Naruto Uzumaki. He knew pain as I did, and he taught me that you can change that path." Gaara nodded to himself as if to confirm his beliefs, "one day, I wish to be needed by somebody, not as a frightening weapon..." Gaara turned his head. Kankuro saw a slight smile on it, "but as the sands Kazekage."

Flashback end...

Gaara noticed that Dediara was creating a massive clay bird expansion on the village's Sand Village to blast the village and decided to rescue the town by building a gigantic sand wall around it.

Deidara then launched the clay bird on the Suna village, where Gaara created a gigantic sand wall to rescue the peace agreement. But, after using the massive sand wall, Gaara fell unconscious, and Deidara observed this, so he took Gaara with him to create a clay bird.

Then Kankuro and Baki saw it and decided to attack the Deidara, but Sasori came in the middle of them, and Baki and Kankuro fought with the Sasori.

In the middle of the battle, Sasori used his 3 Rd Kazekage Puppet, and then he could position Kankuro and escape by damaging Baki in their struggle.

-----------------------------------------------

I Hope you all enjoyed the chapter