Chapter 9

Continue from previous chapter

" The Sandaime lied to you all due to the fact that after the Kyuubi attack, Konoha's military power was at an all-time low with the loss of Yondaime Hokage along with several of our Jonin who died. But after fourteen years, we have recovered well from the Kyuubi attack and before anyone mentions Suna-Oto invasion, I would like to remind everyone that while the infrastructure was damaged, the damage to our military force was minimum." Tsunade said, shutting up the elders who were about to interrupt her with that fact and stop her. After which Tsunade continued

"Furthermore, I have been given reinsurance by Jiraiya that Naruto is fully capable of defending himself, along with the fact that I doubt anyone would target Naruto with him travelling with one of the Sannin. So with pride I announce that Uzumaki Naruto is the son of Kushina Uzumaki, Last known Heiress of the Uzumaki clan and Namikaze Minato, the Yondaime Hokage as well as the godson of Jiraiya of the Sannin."

As soon as Tsunade finished, the council erupted in chaos while she, Hiashi, Inochi and Shikaku just enjoyed the show. After a while Tsunade let loose her killing intent, silencing everyone.

"I will answer your questions, but one at a time." Tsunade said, again before the elders could corner her, Shikaku spoke

" While I don't doubt your word Hokage-sama, is there any proof of your claim?"

Tsunade motioned towards one of the hidden Anbu and he handed every council member some documents

"In your hands are the copies of the birth certificate of Naruto along with the marriage certificate of Kushina and Minato. Also all the lands and holdings the Fire Daimyo had have in his guardianship that belonged to the Uzumaki clan along with the Namikaze family will be filed under Naruto's name. Naruto will know be known as Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto and will be granted a two seats in Konoha council since he will be the head of both the Uzumaki clan as well as the Namikaze family, which gives him two votes in the council, upon his return. Until his return though the Fire Daimyo has appointed me to guard those assets and represent him in the council. All with the order of our benevolent Daimyo." Tsunade said with a smirk.

Reading the documents, the council members knew no one could dispute Naruto's parents and his claim to their fortunes.

Suddenly Danzo cleared his throat getting attention of the rest of the council, "I admit that although no-one would be able to dispute Naruto's claim to his parent's fortunes. I do not think it would be wise to let him have them."

"And why is that Danzo-san?" Tsunade asked.

" Due to Naruto's Jinchuriki status being public knowledge among the older generation he had not being well received by many of the civilians and some of the shinobi of this village. Giving him the fortune of his parents could lead him to take revenge since major shopping district and residential area are owned by Namikaze family and that is not to include the Uzumaki fortunes which expand all over Hi no Kuni (Land of Fire)." Danzo said and inwardly smirked when he saw people think about it while many of the civilian council members nodded but before he could headway with it, Inoichi spoke

"I do not agree with Danzo-san, Tsunade-sama. I was appointed by Sandaime-sama to do periodical psych evaluation of Naruto and I can assure everyone on this council that even with the neglect and harassment faced by him, Naruto does not even have a thought of revenge but instead wants to prove him to the villagers that he is not the Kyuubi he contains and to deny him his heritage would be the biggest insult we could do to him and his parents."

Before Danzo could come up with a counter an unexpected person spoke in Naruto's favour

"I support Hokage-sama in her decision of giving Naruto his parents fortune since I and my family own Namikaze family a lot and to deny him now would be to disrespect the Yondaime himself and I would not let that happen" spoke Denbe Shojuko shocking the elders since they knew if Naruto is allowed to claim his parent's fortunes Denbe could lose his position while Tsunade hid her smirk seeing elder's shocked face as most of the councillors were in agreement of her.

Danzo knew he had to counter Tsunade's hold on the situation but before he could speak he was interrupted again.

Hiashi seeing this as the perfect opportunity knew his argument would be the final nail in the coffin spoke.

" I too support Tsunade-sama, as if we were to deny Naruto his heritage, it could lead him to turn which would not only be a military disaster seeing as he is being trained by Jiraiya-sama but also a political disaster."

"Why would be that Hiashi?" questioned Tsume

"Young Naruto due to his actions during his early Genin days has gained a lot of political influence in different nations such as Nami no Kuni (Land of Waves) and Haru no Kuni (Land of Spring). He is also good friends with Gaara who was recently named the Godaime Kazekage. All of this gives him significant political power over our alliances with these Nations" Hiashi answered

"If there are no objections, I will make Naruto's heritage public tomorrow, while giving him his parent's fortune when he returns to Konoha." Tsunade said looking around the table to see if there were any objections. Elders knew they were beat when they saw the clan heads and most of the civilian councillors nodding.

"Very well, the council is dismissed." Tsunade said as she left with a smirk on her face seeing her plan worked perfectly.

Danzo narrowed his eye at the back of Tsunade knowing she just gained a powerful ally and defeated him in the council.

Because he can't get the uchiha and loss some power in the council and made it gain by her. 'Now to deal with that fool Denbe' Danzo thought as he turned to find him but saw that he had vanished.

--------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of the chapter

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter

Bye guys