•°Chapter 37°•

☆•°------------------------------°•☆

🦋TW: little mentions of rape!

☆•°------------------------------°•☆

"I purposefully told Jeongin to record me with all of those people, to befriend Hyunjin and show him these, so he would.. so he would start hating me." Chan explained to his best friend. He was glad his plan had worked out, yet there wasn't anything more painful than knowing the person he liked the most was the one who hated him the most.

"But why do you even want him to hate you?" Minho asked carefully, wanting to understand.

"Look, you knowJunghwa and his family have always been one of our biggest clients. If they'd stop doing business with us, we'd be doomed, and this is the second time my stepfather is forcing me to be with him just so he can make sure that that Kang Junghwa and his whole family are not going anywhere."

"But that's stupid! He knows it didn't work out the first time, why would he make you go through all of this again?! Junghwa freaking abused you, Chan! He ra–"

Jeongin immediately slapped a hand onto his boyfriends mouth once he heard those two first letters escape, glaring him down to be more careful with the things he was saying. But it wasn't like Chan hadn't understood already.

The oldest looked down again, away from the others' eyes, trying not to recall any of those traumatic memories, "I- I know.. and we all know that my stepfather knows, but he doesn't care. All his eyes can see are the dollar bills and how much more money he can make, no matter who gets harmed along the way. The Kang family got suspicious of him after signing that contract with your family, and now he's making me date Junghwa to make it seem like everything's okay and that there are no serious deals being made with the Lee's."

Minho was nibbling at the side of his bottom lip as he listened, his blood boiling and anxiety raising for his best friend, "This is crazy! He's negotiating with his own kids!"

"We'll never be his children." Jeongin interfered, "He's been hitting us ever since he had moved in years ago, and lately he's been even abusing mom. You know how often I've come back to campus with bruises scattered all over my body, you know what he's been and is still doing to us. He's never been a real dad to us. All he wanted to do was control mom and take the company away from her after dad had died!"

Minho furrowed, of course he knew. How could he forget the countless times his boyfriend had come back to him with bruises and scratches everywhere, physically and emotionally damaged.

"I'm sorry I couldn't prevent that from happening.." Chan mumbled and the youngest instantly shook his head.

"You couldn't have. I was talking back to him, of course he'd take his anger and frustration out on me."

"But still–"

"No Chan. You need to stop worrying about me, I'm grown up now, I can deal with this on my own. Start worrying about yourself, I mean, do you remember what that deal with our stepdad was about? Your life's going to be a living hell!"

"Yeah about that." Minho looked at the oldest, "You never told me exactly what you had to do. All I know is you have to date Junghwa in exchange of him not hurting your mom or Jeongin."

Chan sighed, his heart beating faster just thinking at what he had signed up for "Well.. I had promised to date Junghwa, to allow him so come visit me anytime he feels like it, to treat him like I actually was in love with him, to let him come close to me, kiss me and touch me whenever he wants to a-and... and to let him use my body every–"

"No Chan, this has gone too far!" Minho immediately raised his voice when he heard that last part, "That's not okay?! It's straight up rape?! Did you seriously agree to let him fuck you whenever he feels like it?! You don't even want him?! You get scared out of your life when he's in the same room as you, how could you–"

"I need to protect my family, Minho!" Chan yelled back, eyes tearing up again and his whole body trembling, "What was I supposed to do?! I'm thankful I'm even allowed to go outside the house! I can't even imagine how it must be to be trapped alone inside that house with him. How do you think must my mom be feeling, huh?! The least I can do is be with Junghwa so she doesn't get hurt while she's trapped in there!"

Minho's expression changed, feeling guilty for saying what had just come out of his mouth. It wasn't like Chan had a choice anyway.

"You're right.. I'm sorry.."

"It's okay, I understand. You're my best friend and you're worried about me."

"But what about Hyunjin then? How did he even find out about him? Why would he make you push him away like that?!"

The older started fidgeting with his fingers at the mention of boy's name, feeling like he had to clutch at his heart when it felt like it was about to explode.

"Come on Minho, you know the answer yourself." Jeongin spoke up again, sighing after. If she wasn't there, their lives would be a lot easier and better.

"Sana right?" He asked, and both boys nodded weakly.

"I don't even know how this could've happened! I mean, I know she's always spying on me for her dad and I purposefully looked around to make sure she wasn't there each time I was walking around with Hyunjin in one of the buildings... but I guess she did see us together.. and she snitched on us. Now he's threatening to hurt Hyunjin if I ever talk to him again, so I need him to hate me, that way he's not going to want to talk to me anymore."

Minho didn't even know what to say anymore. He just felt guilty for not being able to help. It was technically his family's fault that Chan had to go through all of that now, however, there wasn't anything he could do to convince his parents not to make any business with the Bang family.

"W-wait.. w-what time is it?!" Chan suddenly jumped up, seeming about to be having a panic attack as he looked around for a phone to check the time.

"Almost 5pm, why? What's going on?" Jeongin asked after taking a look at his watch and the oldest right away made them stand up and rushed them towards the door.

"You guys have to go immediately!"

"Why?! What's going on Chan?!" Minho asked as he was being pushed outside the room along with his boyfriend.

"I forgot Junghwa said he was coming by at 5! I need to get ready, you guys can't be around here when he comes to visit, you know how much he hates that!"

"Yeah he hates it because he doesn't want there to be any witnesses of him abusing you!"

"Gosh Minho I know! I'm not an idiot, just please go, or he'll be even more mad at me!"

The two boys sighed, anxious to go away, scared of leaving Chan to hang out with someone like Junghwa, a total self-centered psychopath.

"Just be careful, alright?" Minho's soft voice returned as well as his soft, worrying expression.

The older smiled weakly, giving him a small nod, "I will."

"Or at least I'll try.."

☆•°---------------------------------------------°•☆

Dunno what to say, thoughts?