•°Chapter 43°•

☆It's Over☆°○•

It's Over
°○•.°•.°•.°○•.°•.°○•°○•.°•.

☆°○•.°•.Hyunjin stood infront of his own room, about to go inside to check up on the sleeping boy, but he suddenly stopped before even opening the door, thinking back to their conversation earlier.

"I'm sorry for what I've said earlier. Can you please forgive me?"

The older shook his head from side to side, taking in deep breaths to try and somehow form words.

"N-no! I- I was the one who hurt you! I-t's okay if you hate me. I- I'm s-sorry for c-coming here, I j-just-"

"Shh. You're just like Changbin, aren't you? Taking things opon yourself and apologizing even though you didn't do anything wrong."

Hyunjin sighed and quietly opened the door, walking into the room after closing it again.

Unintentionally, he smiled brightly when he saw Chan cuddled up underneath the blanket, hood over his head as he slept soundly.

He approached the bed and sat at the edge of it, using his hand to get rid of the hair that was falling ontop of the olders face.

"I need to check on your wounds and give you something to eat, but I don't want to wake you up and make you feel the pain again." He whispered, expression saddening.

Hyunjin started caressing the boy's cheek, feeling the smooth skin on his palm and smiling weakly. Suddenly, he started hearing his phone ringing outside of the room, making him sigh.

Yet still, he kept that smile on his face, leaning down to place a soft kiss on Chan's forehead, before walking outside again.°•.°○•☆

Chan gasped as he abruptly woke up to the sound of his smartphone ringing on the bedside table beside himself.

Moving so quickly to sit up hurt unimaginably much, his head pulsating and his breathing quick.

He looked around after turning the alarm off, needing a moment to remember where he was and not panic. Then, he sighed deeply, tearing up immediately.

Hyunjin wasn't in the room, all of that was just a dream.

With just a blink of an eye, he started crying. It hurt so bad. He had hurt Hyunjin forcefully and the younger knew that he never meant it, yet still, nothing feels the same anymore.

So many things had happened these past two months. Traumatic things, but good things as well since with Changbin's and Jisung's help they had managed to finally get rid of his step-father and Junghwa today. He wanted to tell him about the good and the bad things, but he felt like he couldn't form words whenever it came to speaking about them.

He was traumatized and just thinking about them triggered so many emotions inside of him. Traumatized also in a way that, even if he had the power and energy to talk about these things, he would be too scared of Hyunjin getting mad at him for talking to him about the things that are bothering him, simply because Junghwa used to always get mad at him and hurt him for speaking up.

No matter how hard he tried to convince himself that Hyunjin would never hurt him like Junghwa did, he just couldn't fully believe it. He didn't even understand how he had managed to allow the younger to hold his hands, let alone allow him to see his torso. Thinking back to it however, he knew deep down that he did it because he was scared of being hurt if he didn't obey.

That's all he could think about. "If I say 'no', I will be beaten up."

What hurt more than not being able to explain himself, was looking into Hyunjin's eyes. Looking into them, and not seeing that spark of love he used to see whenever the younger looked at him. Realizing that the younger had truly moved on hurt more than the unbearable physical pain he was feeling throughout his whole body right now.

It just made him cry, sob so incredibly much into his palms as he tried to hide his face.

He felt the boy hold his hands, but it didn't feel the same anymore. They looked into each other's eyes, but there was nothing special to be seen anymore. It felt like their story had ended before it had even started and he couldn't do anything about it. It wasn't like he could control Hyunjin's feelings and convince him to start loving him again.

All he could do was close his eyes and imagine where their relationship could have been right now if nothing had happened, if they had never parted.

Maybe he himself or Hyunjin would've asked the other to be his boyfriend. Maybe Hyunjin could've properly introduced him to his family and not the way it had happened today. Maybe they would've seen each other everyday, helped each other with their classes, homework and assignments. Maybe they had bought cute couple rings to wear and think about the other whenever they looked at their hand and noticed the ring.

Maybe, if Chan had a normal life, he would've introduced Hyunjin to his mother and told him that Jeongin was his brother, that Minho was actually his brother's boyfriend. Maybe he would've written a song for Hyunjin, maybe he would've spoiled him a little with all the excess money his family would always have every month anyway. Maybe they would've gone on dates, went to see each other's favorite café or park, met each other's friends.

"Maybe", because when he opened his eyes again, this perfect world he had drawn out inside his head would dissapear immediately and his body and mind would react with more tears and even quicker breaths.

All of these thoughts were suffocating and so painful. He felt like falling apart over and over again and by now, he was wailing, hyperventilating as he held onto his upper arms, shaking his head to somehow convince himself that all of this wasn't true, that somehow things would still work out with Hyunjin. His heart didn't want to let go, but his head knew, it was over.

His eyes abruptly widened when he suddenly heard two knocks on the door and right away, out of fear, he rolled himself up with the blanket, hiding underneath it and fearing being hurt or being screamed at for crying.

And even though he knew he couldn't explain anything either way and that he didn't want Hyunjin's mother to see him cry, he still begged for it to her and not Hyunjin when he heard a person closing the door and walking into the room.

He held his breath, scrunshing his eyes shut as tears ran down his face. He bit down his bottom lip in attempt to not let any sound escape, yet not fully succeeding. His heart was beating at a way too fast pace and his wounds were pulsing, burning and hurting so badly.

Then he heard a voice. His voice.

"It's me Chan, don't worry."

☆•°--------------------------------------------°•☆

Any thoughts?

Also, bringing the gifs back with a title, hope you like them :)♡