Chapter 46: Injury

I actually loved dancing, I really enjoyed it. It was so much fun having the large open space to myself and being able to dance however I wished without worrying about bumping into others too.

It's been two weeks since Lydia started to teach me. Everyday, even if it was for less than half an hour, she taught me. I filmed, danced and did karate and none of them were a struggle to do. Sure, I could get tired and sometimes one of the things can be challenging, I didn't complain about doing any of them. Life was good at the moment.

'You really do look elegant.' Thomas said, nodding after I showed a group of people how my lyrical dance was going. 'Hardly believable that you hadn't danced properly till recently.'

'Why thank you.' I smiled widely.

'When're gonna start using the ballet shoes?' He asked, tilting his head to the side. He did this automatically when he asked questions.

'After this.' I said excitedly.

'I was gonna ask if you're keen or not, but I guess I don't need to anymore.' He laughed.

'Nope!' I smiled, popping the "p". But then, I realised that I hadn't seen Lydia at all today.

Then Arthur came up to us with a woman walking behind him. She looked like she was around her late fifties or early sixties and had a hard expression on her face.

'Hey Sakura. So Lydia got asked to do a performance with the LA Phil - yeah impressive hey,' he laughed at my expression. 'and, you know, she accepted. And the practise starts today for about a month, but it had a clash in her schedule with your lesson time. And yes, she has to practise every day as well.

'Good news is, Paula here agreed to work with you. She's extremely experienced in the styles that you're learning so I think it'll be a good opportunity for you. You don't mind that, do you?'

'No, of course not.' I smiled, but slightly with nervousness. The expression she had made me slightly uncomfortable.

'That's great.' Arthur smiled. 'I'll leave you two to it then.'

'Thanks Arthur.' I said and he left. Then I looked at Paula with a slight smile then, suddenly, she snapped, 'Well what're you waiting for? Take me to this studio of yours.'

'Oh - I - um - yes - of course.' I didn't not exactly expect this reaction from her. 'This way.'

I caught eyes with Thomas before I left with Paula. He had an eyebrow raised at her and then mouthed the words 'Good luck' to me.

'Thanks.' I mouthed back and turned back around to lead Paula out of the studio, towards the dance studio.

'Apparently you still haven't started using pointe shoes?' Paula said to me coldly as soon as the door of the dance studio was closed.

'No...' I said in a quiet voice. 'But Lydia was going start teaching me today...'

She sighed in a way that suggested she was annoyed, making me nervous even more.

'Well hurry up and stretch. We've got work to do.'

Obeying silently, I began stretching and warmed up, especially my ankles. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like her way of teaching and wanted to prevent any injuries what so ever.