Chapter 47: Psychologist

Late again!! Sorry!!!!!! I'll try my very best to update again very very soon (by end of this week if you're lucky enough 😅)!!!!!

Tom's POV
'What happened?' I asked the other three as Sakura had eventually fallen asleep in my arms.

'Well... she tore her ligament on her right ankle and fractured two bones on her left.' Naomi said slowly. 'She's off from everything for at least three months.'

'Three months?' I repeated in a weak voice. 'You poor thing...' I then whispered to Sakura, who obviously couldn't hear me but was still crying in her sleep. I gently lowered her down back onto the bed because her torso was twisted from the fact she couldn't move her legs. 'How did it happen?' I asked the other three.

'You see, Lydia was offered a performance with LA Phil and she accepted it, which clashed with her schedules with Sakura for a month. So hired another tutor, who's supposed to be very experienced in this area but she obviously - you know - favour her as much and even on her first day of pointe, she pushed her until... this stage.' Arthur explained.

'Apparently Paula made her keep going even though Sakura heard both of her ankles crack on the first go.' Thomas added. I nodded slowly, assuming that Paula was the tutor's name.

'I don't know how she's going to cope with this.' Naomi said quietly and Thomas and I nodded.

'How come...?' Arthur asked.

'She's never injured herself this badly.'

'Not even a sprain?'

Naomi shook her head.

'That's... Impressive in a way, to be honest.'

'Yeah.' Naomi laughed weakly but stopped almost immediately. 'You do realise most of the filming would stop, right?'

'I'm aware...' Arthur said, looking down.

***

Sakura left the hospital about five days later. That was when she stopped looking sick from the injury, but she still looked deeply devastated which I wouldn't blame her for. She's never been out of sports for longer than two days and the fact that she had barely any freedom made things even worse.

But as the week went by, her emotional state got even worse.

She started to eat less and less that she eventually stopped eating or drink anything. She would take few sips of water, but that would be it. Even if Naomi or I offered chocolate or tea, she refused and that was a huge thing. Put aside chocolate, there was never a day that she skipped or even chose to not have tea. From that she started to get thinner and paler.

Because I was busy with filming, Naomi took care of her. From what she tells me, Sakura just spent her day watching TV or movies, played games, went on her phone or laptop, read, listened to music or slept on the bed in the guest room all day. Sakura insisted that she'll stay in the guest room because then we won't have to carry her up and down the stairs and she could basically use her wheelchair.

But there were no emotions on her face what so ever. Even if the funniest or the stupidest thing happened around her, she wouldn't crack a smile anymore, and you know how much she laughed. Her eyes were dark and hollow too. No shine, no joy, nothing. It was blank.

It killed me, seeing her like that.

'She's getting snappy, too.' Naomi said to me in a quiet voice one night, about ten days after the injury. 'And starting to swear and I do not like that.'