Chapter 43: Moving

A/N
Sorry that I'm jumping in time every now and often. 😅 And, again, I've got absolutely NO idea about buying houses so what I'm going to write is purely my guess/imagination 👐🏼

Mid July was when Tom and I landed in LA for the second time. Almost exactly a month after the completion of Deathly Hallows. The current time was four o'clock in the afternoon.

'This doesn't feel real.' I laughed as I put my sunnies on while we walked out of the airport with our luggage.

'To be honest, it doesn't to me either.' He laughed too.

There were quite a few paparazzi who seemed to be taking photos of us from both close and from a distance. Tom's still-reasonably-blond hair stood out quite well for them. Some even tried to grab hold of us.

Then I saw my manager waving at us so we hurried over to her.

'Glad you've made it.' Naomi half smiled as she quickly chucked out suitcases into the boot.

'Thanks for everything, Naomi.' I said as I jumped into the car, followed by Tom, before the paps could attack us.

'It's my job.'

Then she drove off from the carpark of the airport and headed towards the house that Tom and I bought.

Yes. We have a house!

For the past month we had been looking at houses in Beverly Hills ("Why not hey?" ~ Tom) online and about two weeks ago we had a look around at all of them in real life. Then eventually, we decided on a two storey house that was on the end of a road, top of a hill in Beverly Hills with a fairly large pool.

It was a modern design with large windows at the back of the house looking over towards the city and the ocean, which we both absolutely loved and was one of the main reason we chose here. The location of the house was really convenient too. There were several large department stores or shopping centres around here, it was close to my uni, there are few large parks and was a peaceful place.

Naomi moved to Santa Monica with her family as well, so that was great.

'Did you and Emma cope okay?' I could tell that her lips were twitching while she said so.

'Oh honestly, it was the worst.' Tom sighed sounding half amused. 'They were bawling their eyes out.'

'I can totally picture that.' Naomi laughed.

'It was emotional okay.'

'You're gonna see each other in like two weeks.'

'But we won't see each other for a year after the premiere!'

'You'll survive. It's not like she's oxygen to you. Besides, you're surviving without your brother and your family.' She said matter-of-fact-ly. 'And, Emma's coming to America soon too.'

'Like on the other side of the country.'

'Excuses excuses.' Naomi laughed.

'It's not that funny!'

'Well done to you for coping with her so far.' Naomi said to Tom, which caused him to chuckle.