Chapter 12: Loss

It has been five days since.

I sat in front of the mirror, with my hair set and wearing my black dress, tears streaming down my face. I was in the hotel dressing room, supposed to be heading to the Premiere in London. But I couldn't. I didn't want to, to be exact. I just couldn't believe it. The world felt empty without her. Nobody understood how much she meant to me, how much I loved her. Without her, I wouldn't have known the Potters. Without her, I wouldn't be standing where I was right now. I loved premieres, don't get me wrong. But right now I wished so hard that it wasn't today, or it'll get cancelled: it was her funeral.

I let out a sob when Naomi walked into the room.

'Sakura... I know this's very hard for you, but you need to start to head off... The premiere, or the movie, is starting in twenty minutes.'

I just stared at my reflection as I took shaky breaths and choked.

'All the fans are waiting, you know that. Many of them even camped out for three days... And Chamber of Secrets was your grandmother's favourite, right?'

I bit my lower lip and clenched my hands. Yes, that was true.

Naomi gripped my shoulder once and left the room. But yet again, I started to cry. Not too long later, the door opened once again. I didn't look up, but they wrapped their arms around me.

'Are you okay?' He said.

I slowly shook my head.

'Take your time.'

A sob came out again and Tom came around and pulled me closer to him; he gently pushed my head towards his shoulder.

I was shaking when someone opened the door and said, 'Sakura, you need to -'

There was a pause.

'We'll be down in a second.' Tom answered.

'Okay. Sure.'

Then they left.

'Can you go?'

'I g-guess...'

'You don't need to if you don't want to, you know.'

'Yeah, but... T-This one was h-her favourite.'

'Right...'

'And... I - I don't want to r-ruin the premiere...'

'You'll ruin it even more if you don't come. You're the main heroine.'

There was a loud knock on the door and Tom called, 'Coming!'

He looked at me and I nodded really slowly. He took my hand and led me down to the car in front of the hotel.

We sat in silence during the short ride. Tears appeared in my eyes again but Tom held my hand all the way, gently drawing a circle on my hand with his thumb.

When the car stopped at the Square, Tom led me out and the moment I was standing, someone came crashing into me for a hug. I managed to keep my balance and hugged them back; Emma.

'Are you all right?' She said with a worried expression.

I gave her a small smile.

She gave me another hug. She didn't say anything, but it was enough for me.

'Come on...' Tom said gently and the three of us began walking towards the others. Cameras flashed widely and I wished they wouldn't take photos. The fans weren't as loud, but they were still loud.

I put all my effort in trying to smile and waving. Then five people in the front rows of the crowd caught my attention. They all were wearing black and gave me a sad smile.

I ran up to them and flung my arms around Kanae.

'We're so sorry for you...' She whispered, patting me on the back as I started to lose it again.

'It must be so hard...' Hana's voice said as I felt multiples of arms wrapping around me.

'We've gotcha. Don't worry about others looking.' This came from Akihiro. (The pronunciation is A-kee-he-roh by the way)

I nodded.

The six of us were group hugging for a while until I heard Emma say, 'Sakura, Chris's calling.'

We broke apart and I said in a shaking voice, 'T-Thank you.'

'Get better - or feel better soon.' Keita said putting a hand on my shoulder. Hana gave me a handkerchief and I wiped my tears away after thanking her.

'And get back to that loud, annoying and cheery Sakura Ninomiya will you?' Kosuke grinned stupidly.

'Yeah...' I laughed shakily. 'Thank you so so much.'

'I don't know if Kosuke deserves to be thanked but any time.' Kanae said softly.

I smiled. 'Well... Enjoy the movie.'

'We will.'

I waved them a goodbye and joined Dan, Rupert, Chris and few others with Tom and Emma.

As we walked into the entrance of the theatre after the fans, Dan silently wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I put my arm around his waist, tilting my head onto his shoulder.

At the beginning of our speech I apologised to everyone for my selfishness and arriving late to the premiere(I apologised and thanked Tom later especially for staying behind too). I promised them to sign autographs and whatever after the movie had finished which all seemed to be happy about.

I enjoyed the actual movie as well. The producers and editors did a fantastic job on putting Harry's point of view and Sally's point of view together without it being too confusing. Apparently in the DVD, though, they were going to put in selections for each of the POVs.

At "Draco and Sally's" kissing scene, many of the girls in the room screamed and I though I heard someone yell, 'Kiss back!!!!'. That caused some laughter in the casts/staff platform (including me) and I got a nudge from Dan.

The Basilisk scene gave me both nerves and fascination. While filming that scene, Nick Dudman, our make-up effects designer and his staffs created a huge mechanical version of the Basilisk that was really realistic and really scary so that Dan and I could react to its attack realistically: and I was satisfied for how it turned out.

After the movie had finished, I stayed back at the foyer and signed autographs and took photos once some people had left, as promised (though basically everyone stayed back). Tom, Emma, Dan and Rupert (especially the first two) insisted to stay behind but I waved them away, telling them to go and have fun with the party back at the hotel.

About two and a half hours later all the fans had left and I thanked the staffs at the theatre for keeping it open for extra hours.

Then I followed Naomi to her car that she parked at Orange Street.

Before I climbed in, I looked up towards the sky, feeling my eyes water slightly and whispered, 'Did you enjoy the movie, grandma?'