Chapter 53: Surprises

A/N
Omg I updated in five days!

Lol that's what it should be like hey.

This chapter might be short and maybe boring, but it's kinda important so yeah, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Your speech was alright.' Kazu bumped into me at the afterparty, grinning. 'Grandma would be so proud of you.'

'Stop, you're going to make me cry again.' I laughed weakly. 'But thank you.'

'It's okay. Don't you have any plans to come home for a while?'

'Not at the moment. But I'd love to, I really do.'

'Probably have to drag you home at some point.' He joked.

'Honestly, I'd be more than glad to be dragged back to Japan.' I laughed.

'That's settled then.' He laughed too.

I sighed. 'I still can't believe I won't see these people as much anymore.'

'Well at least some of you will be in America.'

I nodded. 'Oh yeah - have you seen Natasia around? I really want to talk to her.' At the sound of her name, he flinched and I didn't miss that. 'What?'

'Nothing, nothing.' He mumbled. 'And no, I haven't seen her.'

I stared at him. He looked really uncomfortable and - if it was possible - nervous. 'Are you lying?'

'I'm not lying!' He said way too quickly and defensively which caused me to raise my eyebrows at him. 'Don't look at me like that.'

'Then why - oh you know what, forget it. I'm going to see if I can find her later.'

'No!'

I gave him a look. Why was he being like this?

'What, can't I go and talk to my idol that I was dying to see?'

I didn't hear what he said, but I was his lips moving under his breath.

I glared at him for a moment and, without saying anything, I turned sharply on my heels and stormed off before I started to yell at him. I can be really short tempered.

The afterparty was held on the first floor out of the two in the building. I weaved through the crowd of people with ease and walked out into the chilly corridor, towards the stairs.

The end of the corridor of the second floor led to a large balcony. Tonight was rather chilly considering it was mid July so it was alright. I leaned against the railing with my arms crossed on it and stared out into the London lights. Sometimes I just needed to clear my mind that I'd stare at something blankly for ages, like the ceiling for instance.

I stayed until I got cold. I don't know how long it was, but the sun had well and truly set beyond the horizon and the stars had started to shine dimly.

By that time, I had forgotten about my anger; I was continuously having flashbacks to different memories and times.

Sighing deeply, I straightened myself and turned to the door to see someone leaning against the wall inside.