Chapter 55: Shocking Truth

Sakura's POV
I woke up at ten o'clock the next day, only because Em jumped on me. I'll tell you, I wasn't in the best mood for a good hour but she was so chilled; I guess she was too familiar with it. Tom apparently went to get breakfast.

'I still can't believe I got engaged. Like, I'm getting married - oh crap, I need to look for a wedding dress and plan the wedding and make invitations and -'

'Emma, relax. You've got plenty of time to think about that. I mean, there's no time limit to it or anything.'

'You need to help me, okay?'

'I'll try my best.' I smiled.

She grinned back, then she saw the dark bruise on my neck; she shrieked.

'OH MY GOD.'

Without thinking, I shrunk my neck feeling a bit awkward and also felt myself blush.

'What happened between you two last night?' She wriggled her eyebrows. 'Did you do it?'

'Do what?'

'You know, that.'

There was a pause between us until I finally got it. 'Oh. No, no we didn't.'

Em looked really disappointed, and I honestly didn't know why. Like honestly.

'Well at least he left it at the bottom of your neck where you can't really see it. Did he just give you one?'

I looked dead straight in her eyes before I lifted three fingers which made her snort. 'Really?'

I nodded.

'You can't even see the other two with a shirt! I remember when Matt first gave me one. It was smack-bang in the middle of my neck, and I had a photoshoot the next day.'

'I think I remember that.' I chuckled.

'Well yeah you do, you were laughing your head off while I was panicking so much.'

'The good old days.'

'I miss it. So much.'

'Me too.' I said half dreamily. Then I changed the subject. 'Where're you two going to live?'

'You know, we were talking about that last night and we thought America.'

'Come to LA.'

'That's one of our top preferences.'

'Good.'

'But it might be in a few years when everything settles down. Like uni and stuff.'

'Yeah I get it. But hey, at least uni finishes in a year.'

'Oh I know right. But it's been short and long at the same time.'

'Isn't everything?'

'Okay, I'll give that to you.'

We chuckled together. Then Em's expression suddenly turned serious.

'Evy told me, but was there a girl that tried to get in with Tom last night?'