Chapter 39: Confession

Ahhhhhhhhh the first chapter hit over 1k reads by itself!!!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱😱 thank you all so so sooooooo much!!!!! xx

I was woken up by Tom whimpering, 'No... No, Sakura, please... Come back...'

I looked to my side and saw him twitching with his face scrunched up and beads of sweats and tears were drenching his face.

Quickly flicking on the lights, I started to shake him gently, calling his name numerous times.

'Tom... Tom. Tom, wake up. Tom!'

But as I did so, I was confused. For the past two nights he had been having nightmares about the torture scene, but he never mentioned my name during his sleep.

His eyes flew open and stared into my worried eyes for a good few moments, panting heavily before he pulled me down onto his chest with such a great force that I landed with a light thud. But I allowed him to sob into my shoulder.

David let us sleep in a spare room together after the incident of Tom crashing into Em and my room, looking absolutely terrified and panicked on the night we took that scene. He wasn't able to sleep or stop crying from nightmares.

It took him a while to calm down again, just like the other two nights. It might have been a bit longer.

'Are you okay?' I whispered, kissing his cheek.

He just shrugged, pulling himself closer to me and continuing to sniff.

'Do you want water?'

He eventually nodded but wouldn't let go of me. So I sat up with him and, still holding onto his hand tightly, reached to the jug of water that was on one of the bedside tables and poured water into a glass. I went to pass it to him, but his hands were shaking so badly.

I gently wrapped an arm around him as I took the glass of water up to his lips, which he, little by little, took sips from.

'Do you want to go outside?' I asked but he shook his head, sniffing and looking down. I glanced at the clock to see that it was almost three o'clock at night.

'Do you - do you love me?'

I almost did a double-take when he asked me that question suddenly.

I blinked a couple of times from shock and confusion as I said, 'Of course I love you.'

Smiling tearfully, he pulled us closer together.

'What was the dream about?' I said quietly, running my hand through his blonde hair and squeezing him with the other.

He took a while to respond.

'You left me...' He managed to choke out. 'For - for... Him.'

'Him?' I was puzzled.

'Edward...' This made my chest feel extremely tight. I could tell that he was hesitant in saying his name and there was pure hatred in his voice.

'Never, Tom. I'll never leave you for him, or anyone. I promise.'

'Remember what I said at LA?' He said after a while of calming down. 'At the beach on the last night?'

I nodded. 'Yeah.'

'I really did meant it, what I said about him and you, that one of your best memories would be with... him. But...' He clenched his fists together against my back. 'I still can't help but to be so... Angry when I think about what he did to you, to my best friend, to the girl who I couldn't stop thinking about for seven years, the girl who I felt was... Ripped out from my hands because of him.'

Squeezing my eyes and arms around him tightly, I nuzzled my cheek against his.

'And now... I'm - I'm scared too. I'm so scared about losing you.' I bit back tears welling up in my eyes as I buried my face in his shoulder. I fought back the urge to say something to him but I decided to let him keep going. 'I - my only relationship I had with a girl was like, less than a month and to be honest I... Started to get a little scared after our first month and I still do so frequently. What if I did or said something wrong? What if you got bored of me? What could I do to keep this going for long as I can? What if something happened to you? What if -?'

I silenced him by kissing him, which lasted for quite a long time.

'Don't over think like I did.' I said gently and his clear blue eyes looked right at me. 'We've been fine for the past seven months, right? There's nothing for you to worry about, Tom. You're amazing, you're always there for me and thank you for so many other things. I know it seems that I've been saying the same thing over and over again, but honestly, I really really am thankful for what you've done for me, and that'll never change no matter what happens to us.' I gave him a quick yet meaningful kiss. 'I love you.'

'I - I love you too.' He choked, yet smiling tearfully at the same time. 'So much.'

He seemed to be more relaxed after that, because he fell asleep again with his head resting against my chest.

I'm REALLY sorry that this's a REALLY short update, but I wanted to post at least something because you know, it's been like two, three weeks since my last update. School's just really busy but I'm trying my best in writing and I hope that you all will understand :) thanks!