Chapter 49: Hate and Forgiveness

OMG 20k READS!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱 Thank you all do so much for the support it really does mean a lot to me!!!!

There's some long parts, but hopefully you'll enjoy!!

After answering the questions that Colin gave me and handing that to the lady at the front office, we went to Tom's car to head home.

But when he lifted me up into the passenger seat, I noticed that he still had that hard expression.

He almost slammed the car door after he climbed in and reversed out of the parking in a rough manner.

'Tom...' I said quietly when he was drumming his fingers on the wheel furiously, staring at the road with cold eyes.

Because we got to a red light, I leaned across and kissed his cheek for a long moment. But even when I pulled away, his expression hadn't changed.

The car was silent except for Tom's music for the entire ride home.

Once he parked, he lifted me back into my wheelchair and pushed me into the house. He was about to leave the room after he lowered me down onto the bed in the guest room until I called his name again, more clearly this time.

'Tom.' He didn't turn around, but he stopped at the doorway. 'Come here.'

It looked as though he hesitated for a second, but he turned around and put himself inside my arms, his own around me and his head resting on top of my chest.

I didn't say anything but instead I put my right hand on his head, stroking his hair.

'Do you want to let it out...?' I quietly asked him.

'What were you talking about?' He said at an instant.

'About my leg, uni and... he said a short apology for now.'

'A short one? A short apology?'

'I said "for now". I'm sure he'll say something more soon -'

'Well he better. Which uni is he at?'

'UCLA.'

He lifted his head up, creases appearing between his eyebrows.

'How did he get in? And why does he have to be at the one you're going to?'

'I don't know Tom, honestly. I want to know.'

'And Katrina, why was she there? She's supposed to be your friend, why's she with him?'

'Tom, like I said, I don't know. She wanted to tell us everything, remember?'

'Yeah I remember, but why's she doing all the talking?' He said in a hard tone, sitting up. 'She's not the one who screwed everything up. He should've asked. He should've made the effort to apologise to you but all he did was to pull you away from me and have a good little chat with you like nothing ever happened? What a joke.

'Plus, I'm going away soon and I don't want to leave you by yourself knowing that he's around you.'

'He seemed to be himself again. He wouldn't do anything -'

'See, that's what's pissing me off too! You're too forgiving! You trust people too easily! He doesn't deserve your forgiveness, no matter how much he apologised!'

We were silent for a moment while Tom took deep, heavy breaths.

'What's good about hating someone?' I said quietly. 'I'd rather get over it, forgive them and feel happy. Not feel the anger as much -'